Z3M Coupe Vauge Steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

I Had a go, got to the bolts and got them off easy enough, but it was difficult to manoeuvre up and down to get the momentum to get it off the splines, possibly stick over time, though it has been replaced in the past, as it's marked up.

The AC pipes are in the way form my fat hands at the top, and the heat shield was in the way at the bottom, and as I did want to damage anything, and leave my car with no steering on the drive, I dropped it with my Indy, so we will see.

Though as is always the way, driving her with new ARB, bushes, drop links and Tres, there is already a marked improvement. So I see some more improvement owing to the costs involved.
    2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

Did you fully remove the bolts? I think there's a waisted part on the splines as a safety catch.

Comment

Hi, lol, yes removed the bolts.

From the looks of the old one the garage really opened up the clamp, so that would have made this easier, but it still took him 45 minutes to get it off, and I had removed the undertray.

Having a ram makes things easier too.

Comment

Now the alignment is sorted, much happier with the road holding, just need to get out of lockdown to blast around north wales for a bit ;0)

Comment

Working...
          X