How do you use your MCoupe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you use your MCoupe?

How do you use your MC, as a daily driver, weekend car, garage queen or ornament?

Now that the value of these cars has changed, has your usage changed?
    Are you happy about using the car and leaving it parked in town for example.

When I first had my MC it was a daily driver and I actually hated the car by the time I sold it!

Now it's a weekend garage queen type of proposition, it works best for me!
    Daily Driver
    6.67%
    Weekend Car
    66.67%
    Garage Queen
    26.67%
    Last edited by Rags; 04-11-2016, 01:06 PM.

Mine used to be a daily driver, then became a weekender once I got married and job changed.
    Now we've got 2 kids and I've got a runabout for commuting and a family wagon it's probably only out once every month, just to keep it fit.
    TBH once a month seems more than enough to stop anything seizing up or falling off(wouldn't work for me mind ;-)...
    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

I would like to use mine more often, but having 2 kids it's hard to find the time to go out on my own. I use it very occasionally for work, when I've got a cold or something and feel to sick to cycle.
      Been looking at db9's the price has really dropped on them, and it's a 2 +2, just can't seem to bring myself to get rid of it, I've never owned anything like it, and I think I would miss it to much once it was gone.

Comment

Weekends and the occasional commute for me, throughout the year but much less once the gritters have started spreading their sh*t far and wide

I've had a weird 2016 so it's seen less use than previous years, but nothing to do with values... I bought it to enjoy, not as an investment
        Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Mine was my daily drive for 8 years or so, doing over 20K a year, a couple of years over 30K, annually. Now it lives in the garage, is clean and well polished and I only reluctantly take in out if it's raining - this is very sad behaviour and I am ashamed of myself.
          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

I've done less than 2,000 miles in the last three years in mne but enjoyed ever one of them... trouble is i have three BMW classics so limited to the time to get them out and about..

Comment

I use mine as a weekend car, covering about 5000 miles a year. Fuel is too expensive to run as a daily!

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
                How do you use your MC, as a daily driver, weekend car, garage queen or ornament?

When I first had my MC it was a daily driver and I actually hated the car by the time I sold it!

For some reason I thought you were Coupe-less since selling your Imola.

I think you're right, if you're using it everyday it becomes less special and is definitely not as nice to commute in traffic in than a more normal modern car. That said, that is why it makes driving it at weekends more special.

Mine has never been used as a daily, alwasy weekends/drives/trackdays, but I have had a full respray this summer so usage has changed a bit now as reluctant to track it for fear of big gravel chips!

Comment

I average about 2000 miles a year if the weather is good.

Comment

I used mine as a daily driver for the first 6 months of ownership (Dec 99 - May 2000) but its been at most an occasional weekend car for most of its life and now is hardly used

Comment

Garage queen for the past two years since offspring arrival.
                      Before was a weekend car, but even then always avoided public parking as the plague.

Comment

Mine is my daily driver until the temperatures drop and the gritters are out. I've had the car for over 10 years now and did drive it all through the year for first 8 years but since I put the KWs and BBSs on it, it's kept away from the salt.

I do agree driving it daily takes away some of the 'wow' factor, but there is hardly a day goes by where I don't spot someone taking a good look at it

Having said that, if I've been off for the week and been in the wife's Volvo instead, the MC is such a pleasure to drive; proper feel through the steering, brakes and tyres, nicely suspended and that instant throttle response
                        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Weekend toy for me with the occasional commute on a Friday (that's 'dress down' day at work and folk often take in their weekend cars for this)
                          1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post

I been meaning to ask if you were back in the fold due to your recent posts which gave the impression that you had M Coupe again.
                            It great when you get reacquainted with an M coupe after a few years lay off.

My car is currently used at weekends and during the week if needed. Try to get to a few shows/events during the year. Works out I'm doing about 3k miles a year. Definitely not a garage queen.
                            Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                            2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                            1986 M635
                            1985 E28 M5
                            1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

I use mine at weekends and sometimes mid week depending on the weather. Got a couple of classics I also use weather dependant.
                              2000 BMW Z3M COUPE.
                              2006 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo.
                              07 Volvo V70 D5
                              1972 Suzuki Gt750J.
                              1972 Suzuki Gt550J.

Some of my old cars.........http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/gman69/library/CARS

Comment

Working...
                              X