S50 Water Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S50 Water Pump

Looks like you can only buy a genuine BMW S50 water pump outright rather than exchange - I think the genuine part is made by BMW can anyone confirm this?

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
    Looks like you can only buy a genuine BMW S50 water pump outright rather than exchange - I think the genuine part is made by BMW can anyone confirm this?
    GK is the producer of OEM BMW Water Pump which has a metal impeller rather than plastic on most aftermarket pumps. These are the photos of the part I bought.
    Last edited by Dave P; 19-01-2023, 06:32 PM.
    I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
    sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I thought the plastic impellars were generally found on the non-M 6 cylinders? Most of the replacements were metal when I was looking.

I went with a BEHR Hella for mine as my old one was grumbling and had play (but no leaks, and more importantly no stupid viscous fan swinging off the end of it to rapidly accelerate wear and cause mayhem). I started the job in August and it's still not done though...

Comment

Looks like the BMW one is stamped with BMW logo but no name so could be from several different suppliers.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post

I started the job in August and it's still not done though...
            What's happened to make it take so long?

Comment

Comment

The m6x70 bolts that attach the water pump are NLA and no alternative part number is given?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                  What's happened to make it take so long?
                  Started doing other jobs to tidy up the engine bay whilst the car was in the garage and now too busy with work so it's been in there for a few months now!

I bough stainless bolts from Francis Kirk in Denton, can get them the right lengths - from memory there are 6 bolts, 3 longer and 3 shorter. One of my original bolts snapped with hardly any effort but luckily had a few mm protuding from the block/timing cover to unscrew it.

Comment

Working...
                  X