Fault codes P0030/P0050

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fault codes P0030/P0050

I hit a pot hole at speed and thumped the Butstrutt into the road. Check engine light is now on and car is in limp-home mode.
    I checked the fault codes and it has come back with P0050/P0030 which I believe are to do with the O2 sensors - may have been broken by the impact?
    Anyone had any experience of this?
    How much are new sensors?
    (S54 M R)
    All advice grtefully received!
    Russ

I believe they are between £100 and £150 each

Comment

Take a photo of the pot hole and send it to the local authority and put a claim in for the cost of repairs. I'd also check the state of your buttstrut and the rear subframe pins.
      /// Exdos ///
      "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Unfortunately the pot hole was in France, so I don't think Norfolk CC would be interested!
        New sensors seem to be available for about £60-70 each or universal fit which need to be spliced into the wiring for about half that.
        Had a look on Real OEM and they seem to be reasonably easy to get at but I may have to drop the exhaust for better access.

Comment

Originally posted by RussJ View Post
          Had a look on Real OEM and they seem to be reasonably easy to get at but I may have to drop the exhaust for better access.
          You do need to drop the exhausts to get to the 02 sensors. Make sure that you buy some new nuts, part 14 in the diagram, they're very soft and can split when you undo the old ones.
          http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...50&hg=18&fg=10
          /// Exdos ///
          "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

I re-ran the scan and it looks like the faulty sensor is the front one in the exhaust manifold, rather than the rear one in the cat .
            At least this should be easier to get at!
            I am surprised that it was the front one that failed since the impact was at the rear of the car - unless its just a coincidence?
            R

Comment

Working...
            X