Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you buy for your M Coupe today......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

part number 51131885399 BMW call a clip - used on steering column surround.

need 2 but come in bags of 20x

Last edited by Dave P; 18-05-2021, 02:56 PM.

Comment

New boot seal part number 51718399158 and upper cowl 3231093274

Comment

Fitted 4 new Falken FK510 tyres. Front 235/45 ZR17, rear 255/40 ZR17 - £404 fitted and balanced. Looked at my spreadsheet and the Falken FK453 I got fitted in 2013 have done 17181 miles, still legal with about 3mm tread left with even wear across tyre, but since the car only did less than 500 miles in last 12 months wasn't in a rush to replace them. Hopefully get a few more miles in this year.

Interesting fact, the FK453s that I got fitted in 2013 cost me £425 from Camskill and then another £70 for fitting and balancing at local tyre depot (think they jacked up fitting price as I didn't get tyres from them)

New sills in local paint shop, taking front lower wings off tomorrow to get painted and then both rear wings going in next week. Got a bit of tidying up of inner sills to start on next week not looking too bad.
        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
        1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
          Fitted 4 new Falken FK510 tyres. Front 235/45 ZR17, rear 255/40 ZR17 - £404 fitted and balanced. Looked at my spreadsheet and the Falken FK453 I got fitted in 2013 have done 17181 miles,
          Bloody hell nice one Pete. The 2 new rear 285/30/18 I had fitted last week cost me more than that and will probably only last me 2 years

I ordered a new handbrake cable today with the item currently fitted looking like it's seen better days with some of the plastic sleeving appearing cracked. It still operates absolutely fine but gotta keep on top of these things

Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Cable strap 51337068960 45p each and special order from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post

Bloody hell nice one Pete. The 2 new rear 285/30/18 I had fitted last week cost me more than that and will probably only last me 2 years

I ordered a new handbrake cable today with the item currently fitted looking like it's seen better days with some of the plastic sleeving appearing cracked. It still operates absolutely fine but gotta keep on top of these things
              285’s!!!!!
              S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Originally posted by Seca Blue View Post
                285’s!!!!!
                One of the suggested fits for the ACS Type III. Could go narrower but I love the way these feel on the road, not that I’m sure I’d notice the difference with 265s. But I also love the fat ass look from behind

Comment

Looking to buy both lower front wings as took them off for painting yesterday but sadly the rust has got into the double skin joints and talking with my paint guy he said the rust will come back through within a couple of years. Buy new he said.
                  Since my local dealer - Vertu Teesside - is giving only less than 5% discount unlike their predecessors who gave 10 to 12%, any recommendations for spare parts departments?
                  I was thinking of trying Cotswold Cheltenham and Harry Fairbairn for starters.
                  Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                  1985 E28 M5
                  1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Looking to buy both lower front wings as took them off for painting yesterday but sadly the rust has got into the double skin joints and talking with my paint guy he said the rust will come back through within a couple of years. Buy new he said.
                    Since my local dealer - Vertu Teesside - is giving only less than 5% discount unlike their predecessors who gave 10 to 12%, any recommendations for spare parts departments?
                    I was thinking of trying Cotswold Cheltenham and Harry Fairbairn for starters.
                    BMW dealers normally get good discounts off body panels so customer discount should be higher, try Harry Fairbairns

Comment

I tried Fairbairns in Scotland, very helpful. However I wasn't quite prepared for the eyewatering quote of £593 for a pair of front wings, they would reduce that to £533 with BMWCC discount, but it was for collection only. So I would think that could not be bettered by any other BMW dealer.
                      So back to plan B - my paint guy guy said that the passenger side could have been possibly salvageable if I could get it grit blasted to get rid of the small amount of rust that he could not reach with a sander. I striped off the sealant bead covering the double skin joint on both wings and took them to a local workshop to get grit blasted, the clean up was amazing. The driver's side had a small hole appear in the corner otherwise it also cleaned up well.
                      Only took 15mins using a big grit blasting cabinet and he didn't charge me anything.

Took the wings to my paint guy and he said that he could definitely do something with them, even the wing with small hole. So saved myself a small fortune.

Just got the back wings to take off now.
                      Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                      1985 E28 M5
                      1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

£593 for a pair of front wings
                        BMW are hiking up the prices of all parts it seems. That's nuts money for what those panels are.

Pattern parts anybody?

Comment

That was plan C. Couple of owners on Zroadster.org have come up with recommendations.

1. https://www.centralpanels.co.uk/prod...front-wing-lh/ The wings are £70 but out of stock.

2. Jack Ratt posted - Just bought a pair from Autodoc in Germany (I think) £55 each plus approx £15 carriage. They were delivered today and quality at first examination is excellent. They are zinc plated and primed. Took about 2 weeks to arrive and I'm very happy with them. A second owner also purchased from them and said quality OK.
                          Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                          1985 E28 M5
                          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

I tried the pattern parts, but the top end that sits against the door wasn't right, so went BMW, its more expensive but it's right, and fitted with zero mods. Not seen the Autodoc ones though.
                            Last edited by Dave P; 19-01-2023, 05:50 PM.
                            2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnysideways View Post
                              I tried the pattern parts, but the top end that sits against the door wasn't right, so went BMW, its more expensive but it's right, and fitted with zero mods. Not seen the Autodoc ones though.
                              As somebody who replaced the bonnet earth strap with an OEM item instead of a pretty much identical 3rd party item off ebay I'm fully onboard with being prepared to be fleeced by BMW

Comment

Bought some rust removal gear from Toolstation & Screwfix, got my trusty old corded drill out of the cupboard plus angle grinder to use with them. Must say the abrasive poly disc is brilliant bit of kit for £6.74. Had to supplement things with the a small chisel and short shafted hammer to chip the stubborn bits off.
                                The inner sills are still very sound but the amount of rust around the four jacking pads areas is something that everybody should have a look at. If left for a few more years untreated I'm sure they would be real problem areas. My passenger side sill didn't look too bad but drivers side had a rust patch towards rear wheel, it fell to bits when it was removed. So don't be thinking there is no rust even if your sills look OK.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5270.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	295441
                                Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                                1985 E28 M5
                                1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Working...
                                X