Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De-Cat Question for Ben/Imran

HI Guys,

Considering a decat for my S50. I already have a simota/remap (by Imran) and was wondering if a decat would make better use of this.
    I read on previous posts that people claim that their mC lost power after a decat was fitted??? I am not too bothered about power gains (would be nice though) but i certainly dont want to lose power.

Would i benifit from another re-map after the decat fitted or would the previously done one be fine.

Also what other things should i consider with this decat mod? Any pops or overrun or even small burst of flames?

Regards

David
    EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
    Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

i dont had exeperience whit that.but an my friend fitted the supersprint decat tube and lost some hp,infact last year goes slowest of mine ..
    After it's fitted an 100 cell kat by brain,it's the best italian manufacther ,and goes more better of stock condition,this kat cost very more 800 euro!!
    I and spyder are intrest of this story of kat ,i think increase more whit an pair of kat 100cell instead of exaust..
    http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=dz9ysw7ZMdg
    in this videos is visible how goes this car,appart the curves,seems have more power,consider the exige s of my friend goes an bit better faster of mine..
    Anyway i buyed last week an hamman exaust ,i really excited now stay waiting to arrive my home hehehehe
    www.fastdrive.org
    S50 black/black-red In Rome
    Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

The De-Cat is not an extreme mod at all, there will be a slight e46 M3 rasp from the exhaust and it will rev a bit free-er, it will also create a small flat spot which is normally between 2-3k, a map will take some of it out, but you never be able to 100% remove it.

It is a cheap mod, but i would save some penny's and buy some flippers! and ACS rear spoiler (coming soon)!

or wait and get the supersprint rear boxes

Comment

Thanks guys,

Only really thinking cos i was offered one cheap.

If it will turn my MC into a fire spitting monster and would not lose power then i would of had it but sounds like its not going to do much too drastic.

Thanks anyway.
        EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
        Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

Comment

Working...
        X