No announcement yet.

Great North Classic Car Show - July 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been in contact with the co-ordinator for the show, confirming that we have the 4 slots.

1) petecossie
    2) Ian-C
    3) Mr Stink
    4) Jess Robson

I may need car registration numbers nearer the date. We can meet up before hand at a pub carpark just down the road like we did last time and then go in together. I'll find out the name of the pub.

I've put a booking for good weather.

Just got to finish the car before then.
    Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
    2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
    1986 M635
    1985 E28 M5
    1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

First casualty on the Car Show list - just received the following from the organisers of the GNCCS.
      Announcement:

Following yesterday's government announcement that the final stages of lockdown easing are to be delayed until 19th July, we are sad to announce the cancellation of this year's Great North Classic Car Show which was to take place on 3rd July 2021. Whilst we find this truly disappointing after so many months of planning, as show organisers we have always been mindful that the event should only occur if safe to do so relative to the ongoing Covid-19 health crisis. We feel the continued strict control of large outdoor gatherings in the region is justified while the government's vaccination programme continues amidst the increasing number of Covid-19 cases now largely attributed to the Delta variant. There is no justification for any event which potentially places the health of the North East people at unnecessary risk or adds to the pressure of hard-working NHS staff in the region.

Many thanks for supporting the GNCCS.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you all again here at Beamish Red Row safely in the future.

Take care, The GNCCS team.
      Sorry guys we'll have to wait till next year for this one. Daviddunn you'll now have plenty of time to sort the rear wings out. Ian_C hope you get something sorted for a refund on your accommodation. The Covid figures in the Newcastle/Gateshead area have risen sharply in the past week unfortunately.

Gives me more time to get mine finished for Silverstone I suppose as it's slow going putting back together.
      Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
      2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
      1986 M635
      1985 E28 M5
      1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Ah, that’s a real shame - was looking forward to this. Should be ok on accommodation refund Pete.
        1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Thanks for letting us know Pete. That is a real shame as I was looking forward to the event.
          cheers
          Martin
          1999 BMW Z3M Coupe - Estoril Blue
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X