Blower control stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower control stuck

Sorry guys, another dumb question, and as usual I have no idea what the correct terms are!

So the MC came out of hibernation today. Only thing that seems to not be working is the control switch to direct the blower onto the windscreen. Seems to be stuck to the right ( hence blower is directed at the passengers). I haven’t put much force into turning the control but it feels like something is stuck.

Any ideas if this could be an easy fix?

Thanks
    David

Have you tried rotating it the other way to see if that frees it off?

I think they’re controlling cables but I’ve never had it to pieces.
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Its more common for the heater temperature control to go stiff but maybe the same issue with the direction control? not sure if you can access the mechanism from the side to adjust without using the dial by pulling back the console side panel?

Comment

Thanks guys. The cars now undercover for another week but I’ll see if I can get at the side next weekend. I did try rotating clockwise but it only went as far as 6 o clock.
        I’ll keep you posted - if anyone else knows, please post as I don’t really know what I’m doing!

Comment

Just to say, I've got exactly the same issue. With a bit of pressure I can force mine over to the left, or over to the right, but it refuses to stay vertical (on the windscreen). Which at this time of year is a real PITA! I am not sure if the bits and pieces are the same as on the Z3 (probably?) in which case there is a lot of info on this issue on the Bimmerfest forums, none of which suggests it is easy to fix. But I will have a proper look in the next week or two. Let us know how you get on!

Comment

Working...
          X