2001 S54 MC for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 S54 MC for sale

I have decided to sell my M Coupe after 12 years of ownership. Having found it impossible to form a market price, the car has been consigned to South West Vehicle Auctions. www.swva.co.uk (01202 745 466). The car is due to be auctioned on Friday 27 April at their Classic Car sale (Lot 41).

Further details can be obtained through the link and/or from SWVA directly. I am happy to respond to PMs if this might help forum members. There is a realistic reserve on the car, so this might just offer an opportunity for someone to obtain a well maintained S54 MC at a sensible price.
    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Best of luck
    S54 M Coupe
    D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
      I have decided to sell my M Coupe after 12 years of ownership. Having found it impossible to form a market price, the car has been consigned to South West Vehicle Auctions. www.swva.co.uk (01202 745 466). The car is due to be auctioned on Friday 27 April at their Classic Car sale (Lot 41).

Further details can be obtained through the link and/or from SWVA directly. I am happy to respond to PMs if this might help forum members. There is a realistic reserve on the car, so this might just offer an opportunity for someone to obtain a well maintained S54 MC at a sensible price.
      So you've found it impossible to form a market price but you've set a "realistic reserve". Might've been nice to have offered it here at the reserve which presumably you're happy with instead of simply advertising the auction. I've no problem with you getting the best price possible but let's not wrap it up with, "I really don't know how to price it so off to auction it goes".
      Just seems slightly disingenuous to me. Good luck with the sale though, it'll be interesting to see which dealer gets the bid.

Comment

Good luck with the sale Ian. Surprised to see your MC heading off to pastures new. It'll be interesting to see just how much the mileage might influence sale value - difficult to gauge indeed
        Last edited by Fat Tony; 19-04-2018, 12:50 PM.
        Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Thanks Tony,

Ian (disingenuous it seems!)
          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by matrix View Post
            So you've found it impossible to form a market price but you've set a "realistic reserve". Might've been nice to have offered it here at the reserve which presumably you're happy with instead of simply advertising the auction. I've no problem with you getting the best price possible but let's not wrap it up with, "I really don't know how to price it so off to auction it goes".
            Just seems slightly disingenuous to me. Good luck with the sale though, it'll be interesting to see which dealer gets the bid.
            Actually I think its the best way of gauging market value. Ian clearly has a "minimum" number in his head, however if someone wants to pay more he'd be a fool not to take it!

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

GLWTS.
              The way I see it if anyone is interested they can easily contact you to say they are interested. The fact you have put it up on here means you are giving people the chance to make contact. I agree with the high mileage it will make it difficult to set a price as there hasn’t been one on the market like that, that I can recall.
              Sorry see you selling up, but do keep coming on as you have contributed a lot over the years.
              What’s the replacement?
              Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
              2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
              1986 M635
              1985 E28 M5
              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post
                Actually I think its the best way of gauging market value. Ian clearly has a "minimum" number in his head, however if someone wants to pay more he'd be a fool not to take it!
                That's not the case and it won't gauge market value at all. It will simply tell you what two bidders had for it on auction day. Fingers crossed for Ian that Hexagon fancy a third one in stock (and of course a similarly motivated underbidder)

I've sold many cars at less than their worth (and many at far more than their worth) to make room for new arrivals etc and have been happy with the deal.
                Obviously he's not obliged to offer it here and can sell howsoever he wishes, but as I said, it just seems slightly disingenuous to say he doesn't know what it's worth and then clearly hoping for a cracking result at auction having set a reserve which is presumably somewhere around what he thinks it's worth. Not even a hint to us as to what would buy it, just a big flag saying "here's where you need to bid!" Good luck to him.

Comment

It was for sale previously via the normal channels (autotrader iirc) so you could have bought it the "normal" way if you saw fit.

His car, his sale choice no? At least it's not a sale or return job!

I'm sure if you are interested then the auction house will give you an estimate of what it may sell at...

Comment

Matrix as much I appreciate freedom of speech your choice of words "disingenuous" (hypocritical, devious, untruthful etc) in describing Ian's decision to send his car to auction as he could not form a market price for it is a bit much in my option. His S54 car is pretty unique because of its very high mileage car and if you have read his previous posts he had a BMWCC valuation of £20K a couple of years ago, which considering the current market may give you a clue. I don't think he is after a cracking result as you put it, just a decent sale.

When owners are thinking of selling their cars we have a saying if you can't say something positive, say nowt.
                    Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                    2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                    1986 M635
                    1985 E28 M5
                    1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

To get back to the point of this thread.....

What’s the mileage & general condition?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
                        Matrix as much I appreciate freedom of speech your choice of words "disingenuous" (hypocritical, devious, untruthful etc) in describing Ian's decision to send his car to auction as he could not form a market price for it is a bit much in my option. His S54 car is pretty unique because of its very high mileage car and if you have read his previous posts he had a BMWCC valuation of £20K a couple of years ago, which considering the current market may give you a clue. I don't think he is after a cracking result as you put it, just a decent sale.

When owners are thinking of selling their cars we have a saying if you can't say something positive, say nowt.
                        Thanks Pete. I've likely been called many things over the years but never "disingenuous" as far as I know. Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Walk View Post
                          To get back to the point of this thread.....

What’s the mileage & general condition?

Thanks
                          Happy to provide more information by PM if you would like.

Comment

It has been refreshing to see someone put a lot of miles on an MC, you have probably done more miles in one than anyone. How many miles did your have on it when you bought it?

Just jealous having only managed 12k in the last 9 years and of that just over 1k in the last 3.......small kids, other cars and other poor excuses!

Best of luck with the sale Ian
                            S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

Thanks Maph.

Just over 20K miles when I bought it in 2006, so have driven it over 200K miles. It has been a fantastic car that is just as good now as it ever was.

If someone can see past the high mileage, they will get a great car for a sensible price.

Ian

Comment

Working...
                              X