Rear quarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear quarters

I picked my car up earlier from Phoenix Alloys in Bristol who have done a first class job on all 4 alloys. They also have a paint shop and I got someone to have a look at a small amount of rust on my rear quarters and he said he was sure that there was a German company who produced these and it would be more beneficial to replace them rather than re-paint....does anyone know who this company is/if the rear quarter panels are available from anyone other than BMW direct?

He also said they came in 4 colours, black, red, estoril and phoenix
    Last edited by 4xhausts; 28-02-2018, 07:18 PM.

I have never seen anything other than genuine wings for sale for the coupe and why would you supply a panel painted in only a few of the colours?

Comment

I'm just relaying what he told me, he said they could be ordered painted in those four colours and he had ordered them himself in the past but couldn't recall the company as it was some years ago.

Comment

May be correct but sounds odd for a rare BMW panel to reproduced and then supplied painted but doing a google search only brings up BMW parts being available.

Comment

Let us know if you find out. I need some (in red haha)

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

I doubt this is an accurate recollection (the garage, not you 4xhausts!). The panels are a very rare and I find it unlikely there has ever been a patter part made for it. I would def stick to genuine parts though for fitment. The aftermarket front wings for example look ok but do not fit nearly as well as genuine.

Comment

If we are talking about rear wings,i paid £260 each side for mine last year.OEM of course

Comment

That's not too bad tbh, I thought they would be more then that. Might be worth getting some to stash in the loft

Comment

I also thought the price s reasable

Comment

Working...
                  X