New Toy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toy!!!

As I spend way too much time driving my car and racking up the mileage (now 136k), I decided to buy something else to satisfy my inner child and take some pressure off the coupe.

I want to take her off the road and do some work as i have a few snags I would like to sort.

I have treated myself to a Yamaha R1. I know there are a few of you that appreciate our two wheel bredrin so thought i'd share my experience.

Shes a 2009 14b model (code name Big Bang due to the cross plane crank)

Power: 179bhp@12,500rpm. Torque: 85ftlb@10,000rpm and only weighing in at 177KG.

Just fitted a few upgrades including new akrapovic titanium exhaust, indicators, Screen, HID headlight ballasts and bulbs etc.

absolute dream to drive and really happy with my new toy. now we just need the english weather to sort itself out

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by dollag; 08-06-2016, 02:39 PM.

Don't know anything about bikes (never even been on one) but that looks great fun.
    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

That's only...1000bhp/tonne Equivalent of the Coupe having 1400bhp (I know the bike is significantly affected when the rider gets on but still)

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
        That's only...1000bhp/tonne Equivalent of the Coupe having 1400bhp (I know the bike is significantly affected when the rider gets on but still)
        Wow, best I stick with the MC then or my pension will never be paid to me!
        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Nice................

Comment

Go steady !!
            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Lovely.

My gsxr k7 1000 has been to the test centre and back this year as bought a KTM smt in Jan. Can ride that all day without feeling beaten up. Good for us older folk

Click

Comment

Nice. Had a big bang R1 as my company bike for a while working for a dealer a few years ago. Love the way these things pull and handle

Gave up biking a couple of years ago (I was getting seriously daft on my RC8) but seriously missing having 2-wheel fun in the garage now
                Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                  Nice. Had a big bang R1 as my company bike for a while working for a dealer a few years ago. Love the way these things pull and handle

Gave up biking a couple of years ago (I was getting seriously daft on my RC8) but seriously missing having 2-wheel fun in the garage now
                  Now that's what I call a company bike.

I most likely won't have it very long but whilst I'm still young enough to ride a super sport, I thought I'd make the most of it. At the tender age of 32, I sometimes think to myself I could do with something a bit more comfortable

Comment

Originally posted by Broccers View Post
                    Lovely.

My gsxr k7 1000 has been to the test centre and back this year as bought a KTM smt in Jan. Can ride that all day without feeling beaten up. Good for us older folk

Click

That's stunning

Comment

Originally posted by dollag View Post
                      That's stunning
                      Cheers ! Its a lot easier to ride than a sports bike.

Comment

Working...
                      X