Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduction and plea for info on my car.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction and plea for info on my car.....

Hi all - my names Gareth, I live in Northamptonshire and have an addiction to cars!

I've been scrolling through many of the pages on the site over the last few weeks - invaluable information and great resource...

I had a coupe that like most people that sold them years back, have regretted it ever since! Photo of my old estoril blue below.

I've just acquired another (having wanted another for too long!) - new one is silver with red interior and is well known to a few on here (having been owned by 4 members from what I can see having looked through the site - Damien, Sam EB, Paul Wirral, itsdashy).

Car seems good but needs a few bits tidying up/sorting with it having not been used much over the last few years - still has bits of glass under the tray in the boot and ginger/dog hairs referred to in a previous post!

Unfortunately much of the cars history/paperwork has been misplaced (the folder of bills referred to previously) - I can see from various posts it has had a fair bit of work done and potentially a new engine/gearbox, but have no record of it.

Big favour, but if any of the previous owners here have any more info or photos of the car, I would very much appreciate it as I'm looking to try and build up a picture/folder of info.

I know the car had an accident front driver side (and cat D)- any photos of the damage would be great along with any info on what happened (if any of the previous owners has any).

I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in and getting her looking/running the best I can.

Thanks all and fingers crossed for some meet ups in 2021!

Gareth
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gareth L; 02-01-2021, 06:29 PM. Reason: Wrong date/year

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome Gareth
      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Another welcome form me ;0)
        2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

Re Silver Coupe

You have a PM👍🏻

Comment

Thanks Damien, much appreciated....Gareth

Comment

That's one neat car, Gareth! What mods have you done so far?

Comment

Originally posted by JackMX View Post
                That's one neat car, Gareth! What mods have you done so far?
                Hi - thanks - to be honest I've not done anything to it other than working out what I want to sort/fix- as a bit of a project (bit of paint touching up, identifying a possible oil leak and getting the plastic undertrays sorted as they were missing when I bought it) - wondering if you can get aluminium under engine tray(s) rather than source all the different plastic bits..... cheers.....

Comment

Getting another plastic undertrays would better than alum imo.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Working...
                    X