rouge rsm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rouge rsm

placed my order for kw coil overs today and was advised to also buy the above.

they cost nearly an extra 100 quid and wondered if this was the norm.

I've gone ahead with purchase believing my car with 60k on clock won't hurt to have but they seem like an overly pricey mount to be honest.

anyone feel the same or have I got it right to just get them anyways

I think a major benefit is that they reduce the time needed to change the shocks as they are reverse mounted.

I don't know about the quality but I expect there will be more road noise.
    Ex 2001 S54
    New cars:
    Lotus Carlton
    350Z

Comment

Personally I think they are overpriced. I looked into getting the rogue eng ones but for the money I prefer to change the standard mounts more often.
      Imola S50 1999

Comment

The standard rear shock mounts shouldn't fail that often if installed correctly. The only benefit I can see from the Rogues is that they unbolt from within the wheel arch (the factory ones bolt up inside the car and requires a lot of trim removal to access). However as you're doing this anyway to remove the old mounts you can convert some new factory mounts to bolt from below by tapping out the studs from the new mounts and tack-welding them to two Z3 Roadster rear support plates which are about £4 each from BMW. This sits on the top inside the car leaving the studs protuding in to the arch.
        Last edited by c_w; 06-01-2009, 04:21 PM.

Comment

They're very nicely engineered and they also allow you to change purely the cheap rubber bushes, unlike OEM which are one unit (and require the entire boot to be removed as mentioned).

Comment

thanks for comments

I think I will see how mine and they look before deciding. either way, I do think there a bit pricey.

also on the subject of things.

can't seem to locate whiteline droplinks anywhere. Had in mind to fabricate as I have rose joints from previous cars etc in the garage but haven't sizedf them up yet.

my car is still icing up even in the garage so will wait till at least a few degrees warmer.

anyone know where to source though so I can price up if need to?

Comment

Working...
            X