Closed Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed Thread

Sorry for this random post but there was much good & healthy debate taking place on the S54 LSB for sale post, i.e. this one:

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showt...625#post187625

Then without any explanation the thread was closed... Would just like to understand why? It seemed like relevant discussion was being had and indeed some members even expressing an interest in purchasing... surely discussion & comment is to be encouraged rather than discouraged?

In an age where forums are struggling due to the relentless march of facebook & Instagram (I know I run a car forum myself), we should surely be encouraging healthy discussion and user participation, not shutting it down?

Just my 2p worth & hopefully here to promote healthy debate...?
    ----------------
    David
    1999 M Coupe (S50)
    >>Read my journal here<<
    2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
    2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

I closed the thread because like many others some members have to post negative comments on cars for sale - i.e dont like the seat colour , dont like the wheel etc etc. Its boring to read and unhelpful to the owners trying to sell their car. After multiple requests from me and other moderators for people to stop doing it nothing changes. I have posted up "new listings" for over a decade and spent hours of my time doing it for nothing but hassle and emails from irate owners asking for posts to be deleted if people think this is in anyway healthy then our views differ greatly. I will stop posting for sale threads as of today which is a shame as the information has helped countless members when researching a cars history when looking to buy.

Comment

Dave, please keep posting the for sale threads, they are really invaluable.

Certainly was when I was looking.

I understand your point about those selling becoming irate.

I too have been drawn in to commenting on for sale cars in the past, and have now tried to desist unless it's a positive comment.

I think your comments come not from any personal affront with anyone but just more from and understandable weariness of having to police and moderate the same old stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
        I closed the thread because like many others some members have to post negative comments on cars for sale - i.e dont like the seat colour , dont like the wheel etc etc. Its boring to read and unhelpful to the owners trying to sell their car. After multiple requests from me and other moderators for people to stop doing it nothing changes. I have posted up "new listings" for over a decade and spent hours of my time doing it for nothing but hassle and emails from irate owners asking for posts to be deleted if people think this is in anyway healthy then our views differ greatly. I will stop posting for sale threads as of today which is a shame as the information has helped countless members when researching a cars history when looking to buy.
        Yes, agreed. Not sure why people like to poo poo other cars. If you don't like it, don't comment!

This happens on other forums and I've never really understood why.

Comment

If my car was for sale I wouldn’t post it on here for the exact reasons Dave cites.

It’s evidently the case that not many sellers put their cars directly on here because it inevitably turns into a picture judging exercise.

Comment

Interesting. I didn't read any of the comments on that thread as being negative - but rather debate. I mentioned that I wasn't a fan of the grey but also suggested ways to overcome that - which surely gives someone who might be considering it another viewpoint on how to get it to the spec they want?

I guess the rules are the rules - I have not seen any previous mentions of not making negative comments against for sale cars, but if that's the policy then why not just make that forum "no-reply"?

IMHO all comments (positive and negative) help people work out if a car is for them or not. If I was looking to buy a car, saw one put up for sale & someone pointed out flaws in it, I personally would want to know - not buy it blindly and then find out the hard way afterwards.

Like one that was advertised for sale that had previously been an insurance write off, but because the car had been exported/reimported, it was not obvious to a potential buyer...
            ----------------
            David
            1999 M Coupe (S50)
            >>Read my journal here<<
            2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
            2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

Working...
            X