Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside Temp Gauge

Hi Everyone.
    Thanks for all the info. I've done my Top Mounts and that little rubber Air stopper under the air cleaner near the engine mount. Stopped my noise in the back and high idle when starting up. Thanks again. These cars are Great.
    I did have a problem with the Temp gauge in the cab. Any way i changed the sensor. However, talking to BMW they told me the sensor was at the front of the car in the air duct. They were wrong. Its in the rear wheel arch under the fuel inlet cap or a right angled bracket. You hace to remove the plastic wheel arch protector. Any i fitted and the gauge is working fine. I think a good clean of the sensor would of done, as the connection gets corroded.
    Chris

i found that a while ago in the rear arch and wondered what it was, i was told it was in the front bumper but we took the bumper off and couldn't find it!

i have had a look, it was disconnected and had rusted over, will buy a new one but how do you connect the wire to it? i have had a look at realoem page and cannot find the replacement bracket does anyone know the part number or where it is on the realoem?
    Last edited by ron burgandy; 27-05-2007, 07:22 PM.

Comment

inside Temp Gauge

You should just be able to push the plug on to the sensor (thats if someone has not cut it off), However i would fit a new sensor (£25/30) as the terminals corrode, you don't want to have to keep jacking the car up and removing the inside wheel arch to clean it. You could always make up a metal braket or get something from a hard wear shop. Its only a right angled braket.
      Best of luck, Chris
      Chris

Comment

Working...
      X