Active members dropping............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active members dropping............

We are down to 153 active members at the moment and I can remember seeing it at more like 250 -300 a couple of years ago, is it a state of forums in general or is there little to tempt people onto this site?

It's probably a symptom of our cars being used less and stored more, I'd have thought.

There's such a good bank of knowledge on this site that most questions are probably already answered!

If would be good to get a bit more of an active community going (meets etc ). I might start posting up the Zed meets that I often go to

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

...but if there are only circa 500 coupes left on the road in the UK then that's not a bad ratio at all. I doubt many other single model forums get anywhere close to that.
      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Er hello hello, I'm here.

Washed and polished today, went for a New Years Eve burn and then back into the garage for a rest. Rarely get this type of freedom now with a few kids in tow, but God when I do it's worth the wait. Love the sound from the ACS exhaust, just perfect for me.

I had thought when I knew that taking the car out would become a real rarity, whether it was actually special enough to be worth that kind of life and if we should part company. A friend has a Caterham on the same basis for instance, and it's obviously so different to the daily trolly that it makes complete sense.
        I can happily report that it's absolutely special enough and will be remaining in the household for the foreseeable.

Happy New Year all,

D.
        S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Had a great run in mind today as well. We needed milk. Took an hour and a half to get it from the supermarket 3 miles away
          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
            ...but if there are only circa 500 coupes left on the road in the UK then that's not a bad ratio at all. I doubt many other single model forums get anywhere close to that.
            Id agree with Ian's point, as quite a few of the active members are owners it's a good ratio. Coupled with the assumption that quite a few are now being squirrelled away then numbers will probably drop.

It would always be good to hear more about what people have planned for improvements, build threads, road trips etc. Maybe this is what we need for some gentle encouragement?!
            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

I sense a malaise in quite a few forums-especially at the change of season-you guys are well into winter so the time we spend with the cars is less and the internet activity drops off.

But when the sunnier days come along we start using the cars more and so we are constantly discovering new things to do, or notice ways to improve what we have. So we spend more time on the forums we enjoy asking or inquiring and the traffic on the site increases.
              And there only a finite number of ways to recycle information before it becomes stale.

Its a bit like reading all the Classic Car mags those of us who were around in the early seventies we couldn't get enough of Classic Car, Classic and Sports car, Car Magazine, Octane etc etc, today we can watch those same cars we read about then on youtube with Petrolicious and other similar channels.

Just my two cents worth...

Comment

As one of the longest members/MC owners on this forum, I'm still around but a much less frequent visitor than I used to be. I'm afraid that I now only do a couple of hundred miles a year in my MC (with 36k miles) : I don't SORN it, I just take it for a run about once a month to get the car properly warmed up and to use all the switchgear. I still love the MC and love driving it, but I'm also interested in other things which occupy me more than the MC used to do. This is still one of my favourite forums.
                /// Exdos ///
                "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

I would agree with all the previous comments, General usage of Uk cars is down in the colder months,even tho they run better! and i guess the majority of us have done the mod's if needed and got the T shirt's already,my own usage is down on previous years i know for sure however i still find the odd niggle to sort out but the list is getting shorter,there is an american forum on facebook which is quite active and is interesting to see what their up to,maybe we need to organise our own meet up,it was nice when we all met up at Gaydon a few years ago,i think with the number of Uk cars and the number on this forum is great new's and nothing to be concerned about,i look on this forum nearly every day because i need to check my personal emails so is easy to do...I wish all the people that have helped me and made me laugh! the very best for the new year. Mel.

Comment

Not sure if I've asked this before BUT....how does the "active members" counter work? Is it people logging on during a given time or actually posting in a similar time frame?
                    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                      Not sure if I've asked this before BUT....how does the "active members" counter work? Is it people logging on during a given time or actually posting in a similar time frame?
                      It shows members who have logged on in the last 30 days

Comment

Comment

Comment

I suspect a lot of people are like me;

They only log in when they want to post something. I just browse without logging in normally. I might only post something 4 times a year so I won't count for 8 months in the year.

I view most days though. Mainly the for sale and general discussion forums.

Comment

----- ditto -----

Comment

Working...
                              X