Aero Wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aero Wipers

Just wondered if anyone has tried out some "Aero Wipers" on their Coupe? I know the style generally first popped up on VAG's but there seems to be a healthy line of them now on the 'bay:

eBay Link

Only about £14 for a pair so may give them a go...

Just ordered similar, but with silicone blades:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Flexb...spagenameZWD1V

The seller was very helpful, especially with getting the correct size blade for the rear. I think 36GBP for three blades and delivery to UK is reasonable too.

Comment

NIce one (didn't think to look on US eBay!)... just to confirm (and save me measuring) what are the correct sizes for the Z3?

Do let us know how you get on when they arrive... would also love to see some pics of them fitted

Comment

Yes, it took me a bit of searching!

Front blades are 20" and rear is 11", but you might want to wait until I've fitted them to be sure!

I'm a bit of a luddite with cameras. I won a digital camera in a raffle once, but it's complete gash. I'll do my best though.

Comment

Just wondering how you got on with these, as I'm after some new ones...

Paul

Comment

Was only just thinking about this the today! Would like to hear some feedback as I think they help "update" the look of the M Coupe :)

Comment

I need new wiper blades too - standard are rubbish. Let us know how they work for you

Comment

My wiper issues have been fixed with two bottles. 1 bottle of vinegar to clean the blades, 1 bottle of RainX for the screen. In the rain I now have a clear screen and no glare from the headlights of oncoming traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesduncan View Post
                  I need new wiper blades too - standard are rubbish. Let us know how they work for you
                  They're probably just worn out then, all wiper blades are just strips of rubber pressed onto the glass at the end of the day.

These aero ones do look much sleeker though, my friend fitted some to his R32 as they were appearing on the newer VWs at the time.

Comment

I could do with a new pair if someone sorts a group buy out. Site sponsors ?

Comment

Originally posted by Broccers View Post
                      I could do with a new pair if someone sorts a group buy out. Site sponsors ?
                      Seconded!

I'd recommend silicon blades too - similar effect to rainX.
                      "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

Comment

Count me in.
                        Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

I don't think a group buy is worth the hassle if they're only £9.95 a pair! You'd pay more than that for regular wipers from Halfords etc.

Comment

Still waiting for mine. There was a delay in getting the correct size blades, so they were only posted from the US on 27th Dec. Should arrive anytime soon and will update once I've fitted them.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                              I don't think a group buy is worth the hassle if they're only £9.95 a pair! You'd pay more than that for regular wipers from Halfords etc.
                              You're right. I'll order them direct once jcollin has fitted his, to make sure I am ordering the right size.
                              Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Working...
                              X