rear bbk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear bbk

hello and help.just fitted porsche /brembo rears ,correct serial number and e36 m3 brackets from creation motosport.i have rigged these up with standard disc as am waiting for a e46 m3 328mm(if anyone has a pair let me know)and obviously the pads stick out past the disc.however the real issue is that the calliper is slightly off centre of disc,possibly 4mm.heading outwards.is this due to standard disc or is bracket incorrect,cheers jess

The brackets look the same as the rallyroad supplied version, there are some pictures and a fitting guide on their website which may help

http://www.rallyroad.net/content/e36...rembo-brackets

Comment

cheers dave,yes they look identical i can only assume its down to not using e46 m3 discs which most pertrude outwards a few mm.

Comment

Do you already have a solution for handbrake?
        Handbrake diameter of E46 M3 is bigger than Z3M, so it won't grip in the drum of the E46 disc!

Comment

Originally posted by FabiZ3M View Post
          Do you already have a solution for handbrake?
          Handbrake diameter of E46 M3 is bigger than Z3M, so it won't grip in the drum of the E46 disc!
          works fine on my coupe with E46 M3 discs and standard MC handbrake set up

Comment

Really??
            Don't understand this...... Didn't grip at my Roadster when I tried.

Comment

e46 m3 are 185 internall diameter and e36 are 180.i fitted new shoes and adjusted them and they now work.the other problem i had is that the disc retaining screw did not align up so had to drill new hole through disc centre.also my callipers are not centrall to discs,they both protrude outwards by 3 to 4 mm,they work fine but job took longer than i thought it would however still happy with results.

Comment

Originally posted by jess robson View Post
                e46 m3 are 185 internall diameter and e36 are 180.i fitted new shoes and adjusted them and they now work.the other problem i had is that the disc retaining screw did not align up so had to drill new hole through disc centre.also my callipers are not centrall to discs,they both protrude outwards by 3 to 4 mm,they work fine but job took longer than i thought it would however still happy with results.
                I need to drill my discs to fit the retaining bolt as discs are loose at the moment (until wheel is bolted on!) is it straight forward to do?

Comment

yes its easy but it has to be acurate or the wheel bolts will not pass through disc.i used the old disc as a template.i was surprise how easy it drilled ,ithen countersunk the face and used a countersunk allen head.it isn t that important as it all clamps together with wheel studs.

Comment

Originally posted by jess robson View Post
                    yes its easy but it has to be acurate or the wheel bolts will not pass through disc.i used the old disc as a template.i was surprise how easy it drilled ,ithen countersunk the face and used a countersunk allen head.it isn t that important as it all clamps together with wheel studs.
                    thanks will give it a go

Comment

I'll use 750iL discs. Same size but retaining screw fits without drilling.

Comment

Working...
                      X