Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting Bracket for AP racing Calipers

Afternoon Chaps,

Anyone got any idea where i would purchase mounting brackets for AP racing BBK. I will be contacting AP once nmy phone signal returns.

I am getting my discs and pads changed at the minute and and my garage man is having alot of trouble getting the calipers off the brackets as the bold seemed to have seized.

There are two outcomes: snap bolts (not a problem) or damage bracket threads (major problem as i need the car).

Cheers

Dave
    EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
    Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

You would hope the bolts can be removed without damage to the brackets but this company sell the kits so may offer brackets only,

http://www.reyland.co.uk/bmw-3-series/

Comment

Thanks Dave, apparantly the brackets are aluminium and the kit has been on for many years without any tamering. I think they are seized. Have spoken to Ap and they do sell them seperately but have been told they are expensive. No price mentioned, as had to contact their distributor. Have a distributor getting me a price.

Have been recomended just giving it a go (once my 5 series is up and running again next week) and if the threads strip then get a machine shop to sort it out.

Comment

try

http://www.bgdevelopments.co.uk/
        BMW e21 track car
        Z3M (S62)
        2.8 Z3 Coupe
        Ariel Atom
        GT86 race car
        Ferrari 348 Challenge
        Merc G500

Comment

I replaced the aluminium bracket with fabricated steel.

Comment

Cheers for all the replies.

I have had a price from Ap and its £350 for a pair :0

I am going to have a crack at getting the bolts out without stripping the threads in teh bracket. If not, at least i'll have a template from which to get a pair made via a local eng company.

My garage man is a little reluctant as he only has space for a few cars and it could be a few weeks before i get a replacement set made up.

Thanks again

David

Comment

Good to see that you still have the breadvan. Have to run over to your place when you get it sorted. We'll have to organise a mini Teesside/North East meet up as there is still a few around - Ragerover, Stoney, mnbrennan, you and I that I know for sure. Maybe some of the others have moved on.

Is John Hind still looking after the car?
              Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
              2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
              1986 M635
              1985 E28 M5
              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Hi Pete,

Great to hear from you again. I'm just getting back into the forum again as have (slightly) more time now after starting a family (2 little girls. 3 yrs and 6mth) and almost getting the house finished.

Yeah, still using John. He was worred about busting a bracket and having my car aking up valuable space in his garage for 2 weeks whilst i get bracket sorted.

Just has a wheel retrimmed via Royal steeing wheels and it feels great. Much thicker and alcantara. Freshens up the cabin too. John mentioned you had done the same as he asked if i'd been speeking to you.

A NE meet would be great providing i can find the time but i will try my hardest to get out for a few hours. My eldest loves the odd run down to nursery in the coupe. (end of road our road~100m) If i get the pas. airbag deactivated then she may even accompany me. She'd love that.

Comment

Don't be tempted to heat them up alot with a blowtorch etc to get the bolts out. Aluminium anneals (softens) at quite a low temp and that would probably strip what thread you have out or make them scrap.

Bung it in a pan of thin oil and heat it up for a bit. That'll probably work.

Comment

Working...
                  X