M mobility replacement foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M mobility replacement foam

Replacement foam for your out of date m mobility compressor is available from bmw dealers part number 71 10 0 415 040 you get a 750ml bottle of tyre sealant, tube, tyre valve inner, remover tool for valve and a 50mph sticker! cost me £22.46 with 10% discount. I have read previous posts saying bmw dont supply this type of replacement but was surprised when I asked my local dealer that they did and actually stocked it.

Good find mate
    [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Billions of miles worldwide--but NOT convinced!!!!

ultraseal.biz-----------ALL your tyres treated so you dont get a puncture.
      safetyfast

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
        Replacement foam for your out of date m mobility compressor is available from bmw dealers part number 71 10 0 415 040 you get a 750ml bottle of tyre sealant, tube, tyre valve inner, remover tool for valve and a 50mph sticker! cost me £22.46 with 10% discount. I have read previous posts saying bmw dont supply this type of replacement but was surprised when I asked my local dealer that they did and actually stocked it.
        update!, there are 2 types of m mobility kits used in the z3m coupe
        mobility 1 is a sealed unit without a seperate foam bottle and the part number above is of no use, bmw do a updated mobility kit including new compressor and foam for around £70. mobility 2 has a seperate bottle? which the part number above is the replacement for when out of date (4 years approx)

Comment

picked up new mobility kit today from dealer part number 71.01.0.415.035
          which replaces the standard mobility kit #1 which came with my S50, the new kit is much smaller and lighter and may be the same kit supplied with the new mini?. cost about £60 and includes a seperate foam bottle which can be replaced when used or out of date.

Comment

I had the origanal kit s50 roundish compressor,with blue canister..this is The one i think is unavailable...i have since updated to the square compressor etc which is a much tydier unit.

Comment

I have been told that its best not to use the foam if possible as it mucks up the tyre, is this right?

Comment

The foam is to be used in emergency only !! tyre fitters hate it ..big time..continued use will eat the rim!! so i am told.. i have used it.and my tyre fitter washed my wheel to ensure that there was no traces...

Comment

Does this new kit fit in the S50s original mounting position in the boot floor?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidC View Post
                    Does this new kit fit in the S50s original mounting position in the boot floor?
                    yes its as wide but shorter than the original but fits in ok, it comes in its own carry case and includes black cotton gloves, spare tyre valve and a tyre pressure gauge.

Comment

Sounds good. mine's out of the car at the moment along with most of the boot trim, so ideal time to replace something that is probably 10 years old

Comment

heres a link to a site selling the kit with a picture, its a different part number but looks very similar.

http://www.bavauto.com/fland.asp?par...00%20134%20558

Comment

Last edited by Dave P; 09-03-2012, 04:09 PM.

Comment

The replacement "M mobility" kits from BMW are now about £90 new but the MINI kit which looks like the same compressor and fluid but without the carry bag are pretty cheap on ebay,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bmw-mini-t...21208334026%26

Comment

It looks like you can renew the foam on the M Mobility kit supplied with the S50,

http://adkusters.hobby-site.com/TIS%...ity_system.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X