No announcement yet.

Bumper paint repair? near Basingstoke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper paint repair? near Basingstoke?

Bank Holiday visitor to one of my neighbours (have a suspect but can't prove it) rubbed the left rear of my bumper whilst leaving their parking spot.

Luckily just an issue for the lower bumper which looks to be plastic but I'd like to get it sorted.

I've not had to have this sort of work done before - the damage is essentially a cm wide strip running up and down the prominent edge of the lower rear quarter so no really a scratch to be T-cutted.

Would they recommend spray over that part and blend in or do the whole lower bumper panel do you think? I'm guessing the latter is preferable for the finish but takes longer and costs more.

Most importantly I've read countless stories of poor paint jobs - can anyone recommend a good auto shop they've used that's close to the Basingstoke area please?

Cheers.
    ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
    now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

you could try K&M Autotechniks, they're based in Windsor.
    I've had a bumper re-sprayed there to a good standard, IIRC it cost about £150.

http://www.kmautotechniks.co.uk/

The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
    RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Working...
    X