This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flippers

Mould is setting over the flippers as we speak, needs a few days to go off 100% then the first set of flippers will be cast!
    I will be able to make one set a day, so these will be sent out in order of payment etc. I will be doing these ASAP as i need to recoup the money i have already paid out on materials, mould making is not cheap!

These can also be painted before shipping, and i can get adhesive for both flippers sent out for a full DIY kit, the painted items will add £45 for each set.

£155 inc del & adhesive (UK) for bank transfer
    £160 inc del & adhesive (UK) for paypal/google checkout

If we can get to 15 people between all forums i can take 10% off the prices above!

Could you please put you name down below for a set.
    Last edited by BEN; 30-06-2008, 04:41 PM.

Originally posted by h4pry
    How much and how are you proposing to attach them Ben?
    there are loads of adhesive's that will work, i have forgotten but ill ask the bodyshop place i know which would be best.

They will also have three holes on the base of the flippers to attach with screws to the underside of the bumper as per the genuine items

Comment

Originally posted by BEN View Post

They will also have three holes on the base of the flippers to attach with screws to the underside of the bumper as per the genuine items
      The genuine AC flippers that I have come with 5 screws per flipper and don't use any adhesive.
      /// Exdos ///
      "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Originally posted by exdos View Post
        The genuine AC flippers that I have come with 5 screws per flipper and don't use any adhesive.
        i know. the three main screws which carry most of the weight are the ones with access.

most car parts like this are attached with screws and adhesives.

Comment

Also it's worth remembering that the OEM flippers don't actually screw into the cars bumper. They screw into those thread carriers of which push fit into the cars bumper.

I'm sure you'll find an adequate solution Ben.
          Out: 99 S50 Titan Silver V876 KKO
          In: 98 S50 Estoril.......

Comment

Originally posted by h4pry View Post
            Also it's worth remembering that the OEM flippers don't actually screw into the cars bumper. They screw into those thread carriers of which push fit into the cars bumper.

I'm sure you'll find an adequate solution Ben.
            the adhesive will do more than enough work, thats how the rep ones in the US fit on

Comment

Looks like a good deal.

On the bonding front, try sikaflex

Rags

Comment

Any thoughts on doing these in a carbon wrap?
                The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
                RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Originally posted by Trundler View Post
                  Any thoughts on doing these in a carbon wrap?
                  not looked into it, not something ill be able to do though.

you could just buy some carbon film and wrap it over the flipper

Comment

you could just buy some carbon film and wrap it over the flipper
                    I'm guessing that would be pretty difficult, but i'm sure if you took it to some kind of vinyl graphics type company that they could wrap it in pretty much anything you want.

Any pics of these yet Ben?
                    Last edited by Chris; 01-07-2008, 10:56 AM.

Current - BMW M6
                    Previous - Estoril S50 '98

KW V3's, ACS Splitters, H&R ARB's, Rogue Engineering rear top mounts,
                    Carbon Induction kit, Supersprint Exhaust, BBS 19" CH alloys, Strong Strut

Comment

Ben - are the quality of these flippers identical to the ACS ones, or do we accept that for the cheaper price there may be a slight sacrifice? Also, would the painting be done by a paintshop (i.e. oven finish, etc.)?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                        I'm guessing that would be pretty difficult, but i'm sure if you took it to some kind of vinyl graphics type company that they could wrap it in pretty much anything you want.

Any pics of these yet Ben?
                        The mould is going off at the moment, the first set will be ready to go end of the week

Originally posted by miketheman2k View Post
                        Ben - are the quality of these flippers identical to the ACS ones, or do we accept that for the cheaper price there may be a slight sacrifice? Also, would the painting be done by a paintshop (i.e. oven finish, etc.)?

Thanks.
                        I have spent a fortune on the best silicone for the moulds to make sure the detail is spot on, the paint will be done at a bodyshop, so any imperfections will be sorted out before painting, so these will be the same as the genuine ones just a lot less money! oh but without the ACS sticker, but ill see if i can buy a bulk of these rep ones.

Comment

I'll have one whenever ready, no rush. Black sapphire metallic + fixing kit.
                          Last edited by coupe fan; 02-07-2008, 10:16 AM.
                          Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

I'll put my name down for a painted set (imola red) please.

Comment

the adhesive will do more than enough work, thats how the rep ones in the US fit on
                              Actually the Motion Motorsport ones fit on the same as the original ACS ones. 5 bolts into 5 blind rivet nuts for each side.

Comment

Working...
                              X