For those with BBK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those with BBK

My ABS doesn't work since fitting 4 pot calipers and bigger discs has anyone else with different brakes to standard had the same problem?
    (no faults showing with the ABS system)

hey Dave, does it help if I say "no"?

Something I checked with the garage before I drove off, along the lines of "simple question, the ABS still works right?"

No warnings and have done a manual test as well, still works.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruski_11 View Post
      hey Dave, does it help if I say "no"?

Something I checked with the garage before I drove off, along the lines of "simple question, the ABS still works right?"

No warnings and have done a manual test as well, still works.
      Good to hear that yours works so mine needs further investigation

Comment

What is making you think it doesn't work properly? It will be slightly affected I think by the change in brake performance from stock.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
          What is making you think it doesn't work properly? It will be slightly affected I think by the change in brake performance from stock.
          The front left locks up under very hard braking but the ABS doesn't kick in

Comment

i had stoptech from 5 years,best mod ever..the abs work fine.
            www.fastdrive.org
            S50 black/black-red In Rome
            Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

Seems a bit strange, normally light would be on with a fault (or at a least a sensor fault).

Comment

Dave common fault on BMW`s iirc its an airlock in the pump which causes a sticky valve

a tap with a rubber mallet sometimes cures it
                [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Cleaned all four ABS sensors and it now works

Comment

What kit are you using there Dave, glad all is sorted.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsG View Post
                      What kit are you using there Dave, glad all is sorted.
                      CSL/Z4M front discs with Bremmbo calipers from a Porsche 996/Boxster S with adapter brackets on the front and E46 M3 rear discs with Bremmbo calipers from a Porsche 996/Boxster S and adapter brackets

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                        CSL/Z4M front discs with Bremmbo calipers from a Porsche 996/Boxster S with adapter brackets on the front and E46 M3 rear discs with Bremmbo calipers from a Porsche 996/Boxster S and adapter brackets
                        Nice, the same as I on the front, once I fit them, trusting the brackets from Creation Motorsport fit this time.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

Working...
                        X