S54 Z3M CSL beater for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, 'tis I.. I'm the winning bidder...
    Flying over weekend to collect, ferry back, I'll update as soon as..

Comment

Originally posted by zedmpete View Post
      Hi, 'tis I.. I'm the winning bidder...
      Flying over weekend to collect, ferry back, I'll update as soon as..
      Is that another one leaving the roads of GB then Pete?
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Just across the pond to NI

Comment

Advice ..

Can anybody advise me on this..
          As you know above car was on ebay

terms of sale for payment was 'escrow' - wasn't sure what it was but looked it up and looks legit so i was happy to proceed
          so i won bidding tried to pay afterwards but unable to proceed so
          I contacted Dan who forwarded details for total to be transferred to his bank account within 24hrs

Now I feel it's quite a bit of money to transfer to someone who i've never met, who could take the money once it's in his account and i might never see him or the car again (As I explained to Dan - I'm not suggesting he would do this but one has to be careful) It's a bit pointless looking back in 2 days time from the airport saying - mmm he hasn't turned up yet .. he sounded trustworthy on the phone..

Anyways I suggested cash on collection - Saturday OR better again - a banker's draft, or go with the 'escrow' as per terms of sale (I pay them, they hold money until I collect car, then they pay seller) but he tells me ''transfer money into account before collection or it'll be sold to a serious buyer''

Am I being unreasonable?? Does anyone know Dan or the car - I've read extensively about it and spoken to Dan and been in contact with Ben the previous owner and really want it but I'm kinda stuck here - can anybody advise - would you be happy to transfer that amount of money before going to meet the person and collect car??

BTW I have to fly over cos i'm in Ireland and getting the ferry back sat night..
          After speaking to the bank this morning a banker's draft is the safest option (for both seller and buyer - made out to the seller and gauranteed amount) but Dan is not responding to text and not answering phone now..

Comment

I've spoken to Dan a couple of times and he seemed a fairly level headed bloke. I would have thought cash on collection is the safest bet for both parties........What's wrong with that?

Comment

Escrow means than an independent party will hold the car and cash until both the buyer and seller are happy that their conditions precedents (conditions of buying/selling e.g. he wants it in £20 notes and you want it hoovering before collection) have been met. Only at this point will the independent party release the items from escrow.

The owner of the car demanding the cash before is not escrow.
              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

i know of the car but not really Dan but we've traded PM`s
                he seems ok but you never can tell
                obviously i know nowt about you either
                this is what id do
                i wouldn't accept a bankers draft there's loads of dodgy ones out there
                he could stick it in the bank you would be away to diddley dee land and never seen again

I would be wary of cash as you could turn up with the cash he could get his mates to knock you on the head and he would be away to darkest wherever
                or you could have dodgy money if hes not used to handling cash could be tricky

escrow should work but heard of a few scams

send me the money ill hold it and you will never see me this side of an M5 V10 conversion...... then you wont catch me

seriously though the safest way for both would be to meet some where busy check the car out check the docs, hpi etc etc etc
                then you pay the cash into his bank he gives you the docs and receipt

you have the car he has what he knows is "real money " and its safe

there are still a few variables but its pretty fool proof
                [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

When I bought my coupe we did 500 via PayPal to hold the car and then the rest via an instant deposit from my account to his over a cup of tea in the kitchen

Buying a car from another enthusiast should be a pleasure and always has been for me, maybe I've just been lucky
                  Last edited by boostina3; 31-07-2013, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
                    I've spoken to Dan a couple of times and he seemed a fairly level headed bloke. I would have thought cash on collection is the safest bet for both parties........What's wrong with that?
                    Cheers Andy

Originally posted by zedmpete View Post
                    Can anybody advise me on this..
                    As you know above car was on ebay

terms of sale for payment was 'escrow' - wasn't sure what it was but looked it up and looks legit so i was happy to proceed
                    so i won bidding tried to pay afterwards but unable to proceed so
                    I contacted Dan who forwarded details for total to be transferred to his bank account within 24hrs

Now I feel it's quite a bit of money to transfer to someone who i've never met, who could take the money once it's in his account and i might never see him or the car again (As I explained to Dan - I'm not suggesting he would do this but one has to be careful) It's a bit pointless looking back in 2 days time from the airport saying - mmm he hasn't turned up yet .. he sounded trustworthy on the phone..

Anyways I suggested cash on collection - Saturday OR better again - a banker's draft, or go with the 'escrow' as per terms of sale (I pay them, they hold money until I collect car, then they pay seller) but he tells me ''transfer money into account before collection or it'll be sold to a serious buyer''

Am I being unreasonable?? Does anyone know Dan or the car - I've read extensively about it and spoken to Dan and been in contact with Ben the previous owner and really want it but I'm kinda stuck here - can anybody advise - would you be happy to transfer that amount of money before going to meet the person and collect car??

BTW I have to fly over cos i'm in Ireland and getting the ferry back sat night..
                    After speaking to the bank this morning a banker's draft is the safest option (for both seller and buyer - made out to the seller and gauranteed amount) but Dan is not responding to text and not answering phone now..
                    Ive just seen this - frankly Pete I'm not comfortable with you as a buyer. Nothing personal but you've messed me about in the past and have had a lot of forum members running about looking for answers to your barrage of questions over the last few years, for no good reason. I am happy to sell the car to you but taking a stack of money or a bankers draft on a Saturday afternoon that I can't clear at my bank until next week does not suit me in the slightest.

Comment

Fair enough, i can see your point about a wadge of notes in a car park.. Not ideal.. hopefully u understand why im hesitant about transfer before seeing u or car..as per text what if I come over during banking hours, I'm free next thurs, do transfer in ur bank, when ur happy, give me keys And I'll be on my way

I've been looking for cheap ish coupe for a while, rolling shell or whatever, recently was looking into a damaged one and was pricing bits and pieces, body parts, etc etc and to build it to spec I want would cost as much if not more than yours..
                      As I said to u, if yours is as described its exactly what I'm after
                      Apologies for questions over the yrs, just building up knowledge etc ..thought that was idea of forum

Comment

I am with Boostina on this one!

Comment

Thought I may as well post my two pence worth as somebody, who living in the Channel Islands has bought several cars prior to seeing them in the flesh.

I tend to ask many questions and ask for an enormous number of photos, particularly of areas that are known to need looking at. Apologising for the clear inconvenience and annoyance of having to deal with somebody who cannot, just come along and look at/drive it.

Having done so, I make an offer based on what I perceive to be the value, and what I'm willing to pay. If its accepted ill pay a not insubstantial deposit, maybe 10%. Enough for the seller to know that I'm serious but not so much that if the proverbial hit the fan and the guy/car didn't exist I'd want to slit my wrists and agree to pay the rest by immediate bank transfer on collection, having satisfied myself that the car is as described in the advert and during our conversations. Should it not be I get prior agreement that my deposit will be returned in full.

Everybody has their own idea as to what works for them but I've bought maybe 6/7 cars in this manner ranging from £600-£20k. Never come across a problem yet.

I forgot to mention that I don't send the deposit until I have received all details on seller such as name, address, phone numbers, place of work etc and can verify some via email and maybe a 192 search.
                          Hope that's some help.
                          Last edited by toftdan; 31-07-2013, 08:48 PM.
                          Current Rides: Estoril '99 S50 Z3 M Coupe, Black '11 Range Rover Sport HSE, Guards Red '91 Porsche 964 Cabriolet
                          Former Rides: Carbon Black/Kiwi '02 E46 M3 Convertible, Sprint Blue/Black '04 RS4 Convertible, Sterling Grey/Black '04 Alpina Roadster S (No. 67), Hyper Blue/Black '04 Mini Cooper S Convertible, Chilli Red/Black '04 Works Mini Cooper S

Comment

Very true about a bit of background searching also

Comment

thx for opinions..

we agreed to try the civil enthusiast approach - cheers boostina
                              so hopefully fly over thursday, i'll see car is as described, do same day transfer - when money in Dan's account and everybody happy i can be on my way.. happy days..

Comment

So after 2 years of ownership, lots of plans but not a lot of action, I waved goodbye to the Pheonix Z today as Pete set off for a road trip back to Ireland

Good to meet you fella, happy motoring
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X