Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estoril Blue 1999 Coupe Viewed Today

Hi Everyone,

Today I went to see the 1999 S50 Estoril Blue Coupe at Exclusive Autos.

137k miles and needs some work. The question is, dive in or walk away?

The dealer has had the car a while but is open to offers. Please can anyone point me in the direction of costs for the following so that I can decide if it is worth the money?

MOT Failed due to excessive corrison with 30cm of jacking points & Excessive emissions after fast idle.

Having viewed the car it also needs the list below dealing with:

4 Wheels refurbs
    2 front tyres
    Front & Rear discs and pads heavily corroded
    Bubbling on both front & rear arches
    Sills corroded
    Badges delaminating
    Drivers rear wing dented
    Drivers door dented and chipped front and rear edge
    Front lights misty/faded
    Rear lights and side indicators have water condensation
    Large windscreen ship
    Rear roof spoiler decoloured
    Rear window sill lifting in places
    Driver seat rocks
    Steering wheel leather needs replaced
    Front bumper scuffed and cracked - needs paint (may need replacing)

Just writing the list sounds expensive!!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Your right there that's a list that will run into thousands. Really depends how cheap it is as with the 136000 might not stack up

Comment

Talking figures around the £13k bracket.

Is yours still available Das930?

Comment

I'd give that one a miss. Sounds like a real wallet Hoover.

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE=dvaughan1979;173580]Talking figures around the £13k bracket.

Is yours still available Das930?[/
            £13k is cheap so could stack up
            If you wish one with no issues to sort then yes mine is available,

Comment

From that list, the car has not been cherished and has been run on a "shoe string". Whilst the price might reflect this, I would be concerned about what else was wrong.
              S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Rust around jacking points? i think these means the outer cover sills need replacing !

Comment

Read's like a very neglected car.. even ifi its cheap...a no no !

Comment

I disagree, most of those bits flagged up are easy cosmetic fixes and most of them common issues. I agree it's not a pristine example, but it's big stuff like engine, gearbox, interior and drivetrain and MAJOR body problems that cost the big money.

The rust near the jacking point MOT fail will like be total rubbish as the chassis sills are pretty much armour-plate grade material . It will just be the wafer thin sill COVERS which are not structural. And are a bolt on part.

Tyres, brake discs, faded badges and wheel refurb, rocking seat, are standard fayre and easy things to fix.

True, the rust is not good and the rear window seal lifting is likely rust underneath.

Sounds like it would benefit from a respray with new arches and winges. It's whether someone wants to invest about £5k doing all the bits in the list but it's doable. All depends on the basic condition of the car elsewhere in terms of engine, suspension etc. If htat's all good, it could be one for Mike Brewer

Comment

I know what you mean Chris... most items most people would have addressed in their ownership...however...what else lies beneath,suspension,Vanos,boot floor,you know that stuff,

Comment

As cw says , most of that is cosmetic , if your ok with hand tools you'll score a useable car that's an easy fix . Don't be scared of getting stuck in , it's only nuts and bolts , anyone can do it if they put their mind to it , all simple stuff .

Comment

Originally posted by dvaughan1979 View Post
                          Talking figures around the £13k bracket.
                          £13k?? I think the only question left is "when are you collecting it?"

I couldn't agree more with c_w. There's nothing too scary there and at that price it's a steal!! Roll up your sleeves and get involved.
                          S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Really appreciate your comments, and no doubt help if I can strike a deal.

I'll remind you all that you said go for it when you see yet another post asking for help

I'll keep you posted. You know what they say, in for a penny, in for a pound (or possibly thousands!!)

Comment

If it's as ropey looking as it sounds aim for £10k and it's a safer bet and gives more scope to sort it without spend going too high vs a sorted car to start with. If it's an not failure that is massive leverage for a buyer.

But I would make sure the basics and big things like engine etc are good.

Btw emissions are always tight on these cars and they need to be nice and hot to pass. As it sounds from rusty brakes etc it's not been used much and if it was just wheeled in for a test it's not like likely to pass.
                              Last edited by c_w; 23-07-2017, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X