Rear windscreen - cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear windscreen - cost

Someone asked me down at Silverstone on Saturday what was the cost of my replacement rear windscreen as a few owners have screens that have started to go milky around the edge.
    Looking back at my maintenance spreadsheet/emails it cost around £330.

I got it from bmwminispares :-

51 31 8399014
    REAR WINDOW GREEN
    £196.83
    £135.81 VAT

Total £332.64

This was back in 2014 so be interesting to see what latest price is.

After talking with Dave P on Saturday not sure whether bmwminispares still sell items like this as BMW will not supply parts to them
    I do still get email from them informing me parts that they get into stock for my car as they have the VIN details. Haven't bought anything from them for quite a while.
    Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
    2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
    1986 M635
    1985 E28 M5
    1983 E28 528i Alpina

I think i paid about the same..shortly after that,i had the milky corners which was rising ! along with a few heating elements not working properly too, had it replaced along with corrective wiring....certainly makes a huge difference..

Comment

Pete
      How you doing hope you are well
      The vat seems wrong it’s only 20%
      Should have been less than £40?
      [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
        Pete
        How you doing hope you are well
        The vat seems wrong it’s only 20%
        Should have been less than £40?
        I'm fine Martin, more to the point how are you? Dave mentioned over the weekend that you have been having problems yourself, hope you are on the mend.

Well spotted about the pricing, mind it was 11:00pm and I was feeling cream crackered after the weekend at Silverstone when I remembered about the rear screen query. I just did a cut and paste from original email and didn't take in the meaning of the figures. Apologies folks.

Revised figures below.

51 31 8399014
        REAR WINDOW GREEN
        £196.83 RRP Ex Vat - so about £236
        £135.81 bmwminispares price Ex Vat - so about £163

So I paid £163 back in 2014.
        Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Current price from BMW dealer for the rear screen is £291 inc vat without any discount. 50+ in stock at Germany

Comment

Hi Pete I’m getting there but not 100%

Never done a mile in the MC this year
            Bought an M4 and I’ve only done 50mile in that
            My reflexes are not 100% either so I’ve left them both till I’m sorted
            As you know M cars can bite back if your not on the ball
            Bought a low mileage discovery 4
            And being an auto it’s easy to drive
            Actually a great car and would recommend to anyone
            [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

I’m in need of a new rear screen. Does anyone know if it’s possible to get discounts on the screens ?

Comment

I get the reasoning behind replacing the rear screen (milky corners) and missing demisting elements,would recomend while people are in that area to check and if required beef up the wiring coming from inside the car to the hatch as it will inevitably break,also adding a non return valve to the rear wash wipe along with SGS boot struts....seems a lot but while your there...but will keep it all nice,

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                  Current price from BMW dealer for the rear screen is £291 inc vat without any discount. 50+ in stock at Germany
                  Scaramanga
                  If you are member of BMWCC you'll be able get 10% discount on spares at BMW dealers, unless you know someone in the trade who'd get it for you.

I got mine from bmwminispares, they still regularly sent me details on parts (seem to be all small items) against my car's VIN. So guess they maybe still doing BMW parts, if so they might be cheaper still. Give them a try. You can do all on-line.
                  Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                  1985 E28 M5
                  1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Working...
                  X