My Z4 M Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Z4 M Coupe

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago, absolutely loving it so far!

Just need to get my reg on it and possibly change the wheels if I keep it long enough, work have announced that I might have to go to London or the UAE, if that happens I will be flogging it. :(

The interior sold it to me, I didn't like the full imola leather as there was just too much red for my tastes...this is perfect for me.

A few pics:

Pic of the interior from the ad:

Last edited by Wallachie; 28-11-2010, 10:55 PM.

Looks very nice indeed and agree about the interior being all red but thats a nice middle ground.

How are you finding it compared to your old ZMC? Must say I have been tempted with one myself...
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

nice

same colour combo as my z3mc!

Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
        Looks very nice indeed and agree about the interior being all red but thats a nice middle ground.

How are you finding it compared to your old ZMC? Must say I have been tempted with one myself...
        Thanks guys!

I know this place is full of Z3MC owners who may well flame me, but I can honestly say that it is better in every respect (bar looks) than my old S54 Z3MC...and I loved that car too!

It feels harder, louder (standard), more comfortable and more planted on the road. It also feels faster...

I know everyone claims the Z3 is more hardcore, but that's not why I bought either, neither feel hardcore to me after having a CSL.

The Z4 makes the Z3 feel very old and dated ergonomically, but there is no denying the Z3 just looks so bloody good...and not that the Z4 is ugly.

One thing that pisses me off about the Z4, you can see bugger all out the rear window...if you're 'pushing on' a bit and keeping an eye out for the boys in blue behind, you won't see them until it's too late...they will be on the back bumper before you realise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallachie View Post
          Thanks guys!

I know this place is full of Z3MC owners who may well flame me, but I can honestly say that it is better in every respect (bar looks) than my old S54 Z3MC...and I loved that car too!

It feels harder, louder (standard), more comfortable and more planted on the road. It also feels faster...

I know everyone claims the Z3 is more hardcore, but that's not why I bought either, neither feel hardcore to me after having a CSL.

The Z4 makes the Z3 feel very old and dated ergonomically, but there is no denying the Z3 just looks so bloody good...and not that the Z4 is ugly.

One thing that pisses me off about the Z4, you can see bugger all out the rear window...if you're 'pushing on' a bit and keeping an eye out for the boys in blue behind, you won't see them until it's too late...they will be on the back bumper before you realise it.

I tend to agree with what you have said.

It felt an occasion driving both the Z3M and the CSL however as good as the Z4M is, it is not that unique as it resembles the bog standard z4.

Mine is up for sale, looking at other cars at the moment.....

Comment

I think I need to drive one myself to see what they are like as if I do decide to change my Z3MC then one of these with CSL wheels is definitely on the list.

When you say if feels quicker than your old Z3MC, much quicker?
            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

it's an bit more quick of an s50...Seen some on the track and difference on straight is noticiable.
              www.fastdrive.org
              S50 black/black-red In Rome
              Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

Z4 M Coupe's are definitely quicker - yea.... for sure...."much quicker" to depreciate.... LOL Its like do you want a Ferrari Daytona or a 360 Modena - Probably both.....
                Sytners BMW-Steel Grey S54-Red/Black Leather-Totally Standard.....

Comment

I think they look fantastic, better overall design than the Z3M Coupe *only* because the whole package just worked better (the rear of the Z3M Coupe still edges it though), namely the front and rear balance but most important for me the ride height and wheel size (though 19" CSLs look fantastic).

They fixed a whole other host of issues which in the mid 90s I would have thought were obvious such as;

- General cabin ergonomics (the handbrake is awkward to operate (too close to the driver), it's struck me recently that a LHD console would be better).
                  - Steering wheel too big/thin
                  - Seats don't go low enough
                  - Glasshouse is too low/tall - this coupled with a seat that sits too high kind of exposes the driver
                  - Track width too narrow
                  - Suspension too high and soft
                  - Front end not aggressive/deep enough

Most of the above can either be fixed or lived with however! But basically IMO the Z4M Coupe out of the box is a more polished car.

The 18" Z4M wheels are a big let down though in terms of design, there's nothing special about them! They needed to have a lower offset/deep dish rear, even just keeping the 5spoke design, they could have dished them a bit like the M6 alloy.
                  Last edited by c_w; 17-01-2011, 04:55 PM.

Comment

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/lar...br /> urrent=3

Comment

Possibly but the rear dish is concave which adds that dished effect to the wheel. I think it suits the Z4M down to the ground and is the most popular wheel swap on the Z4MC, so many folk can't be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
                        Possibly but the rear dish is concave which adds that dished effect to the wheel. I think it suits the Z4M down to the ground and is the most popular wheel swap on the Z4MC, so many folk can't be wrong!
                        Yep it is, it looks spot-on on the Z4MC. They should have been standard or an option!

On the Z3M with the more swollen arches needing a deeper dish rear they don't look as good (and too big!).

Comment

My brother has one (z4m), so I drive it from time to time. It is a wonderful chassis to drive around, really nice package. I think the biggest advantages are much better stock suspension and steering, and minor are the engine and brakes. So it is a much more composed package than z3, when compared stock.

Both our cars are no longer stock, have similar mods. My one having decently sorted the suspension and steering issues, I honestly can't say it drives better, altough with 19" and coilovers as well. It is a bit more comfortable tough, but just a bit. It is also faster, but marginally at best, according to pbox it's less than a second difference 0-200kph.

Regarding the interior and exterior, it must be a personal matter... but to me, the z4 doesn't come close to z3's. Not even close. Exterior is dull and interior sterile like any other 5-series.

It is a great car, but I think its quite distinctive from original MC. Altough it is upgrade in certain views, it can't serve as replacement. I think it is more of a matter of personal preferences, which one you like and choose.

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                          I think they look fantastic, better overall design than the Z3M Coupe *only* because the whole package just worked better (the rear of the Z3M Coupe still edges it though), namely the front and rear balance but most important for me the ride height and wheel size (though 19" CSLs look fantastic).

They fixed a whole other host of issues which in the mid 90s I would have thought were obvious such as;

- General cabin ergonomics (the handbrake is awkward to operate (too close to the driver), it's struck me recently that a LHD console would be better).
                          - Steering wheel too big/thin
                          - Seats don't go low enough
                          - Glasshouse is too low/tall - this coupled with a seat that sits too high kind of exposes the driver
                          - Track width too narrow
                          - Suspension too high and soft
                          - Front end not aggressive/deep enough

Most of the above can either be fixed or lived with however! But basically IMO the Z4M Coupe out of the box is a more polished car.

The 18" Z4M wheels are a big let down though in terms of design, there's nothing special about them! They needed to have a lower offset/deep dish rear, even just keeping the 5spoke design, they could have dished them a bit like the M6 alloy.

Comment

I actually think the interior of the Z4M is streets ahead of the Z3M!

Comment

Originally posted by inside View Post
                              My brother has one (z4m), so I drive it from time to time. It is a wonderful chassis to drive around, really nice package. I think the biggest advantages are much better stock suspension and steering, and minor are the engine and brakes. So it is a much more composed package than z3, when compared stock.

Both our cars are no longer stock, have similar mods. My one having decently sorted the suspension and steering issues, I honestly can't say it drives better, altough with 19" and coilovers as well. It is a bit more comfortable tough, but just a bit. It is also faster, but marginally at best, according to pbox it's less than a second difference 0-200kph.

Regarding the interior and exterior, it must be a personal matter... but to me, the z4 doesn't come close to z3's. Not even close. Exterior is dull and interior sterile like any other 5-series.

It is a great car, but I think its quite distinctive from original MC. Altough it is upgrade in certain views, it can't serve as replacement. I think it is more of a matter of personal preferences, which one you like and choose.
                              Very thanks for the review!
                              But yours tested on track?
                              www.fastdrive.org
                              S50 black/black-red In Rome
                              Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

Working...
                              X