front wheel liners ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front wheel liners ?????

ok i shall be picking up new ones tomorrow ! as my origanal ones are tatty ! so has anyone replaced these before?? and what do i have to be carefull with ? i am looking forward to fitting them but any advice would be apreciated..thanks Mel

I've recently replaced my OS Wheel arch liner after the wheel ripped the outside edge of it off. It's an easy enough job to do, if you lift the car high enough off the ground so that you can see what you're doing. There are quite a lot of different screws and nuts holding these things in place so I suggest that when you remove them, you draw a little diagram of where each one goes for refitting, and keep them aside in an appropriate arrangement. Just don't overtighten the nuts and screws. Also, mind that you don't lose the small clip that fits on the liner as a fastener for one of the screws near the front. You might like to buy a couple of new ones when you collect the parts.

I've used a heat gun to lift the edge of the liner as high as it can go under the bonnet, in the hope of stopping the new liner getting shredded again.
    Last edited by exdos; 30-09-2008, 07:45 PM.
    /// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

thx for your advice ex....picked new ones up on Wednesday and could see the amounts of screws etc...holding these on ! however after looking at the new ones and my old one's i note that there is a small square cut out of the offside bit that rises up the front edge....is there ment to be something that attaches there ?thx

Comment

IIRC, the cut-out bit is for one of the brake sensors. You'll see when you do the job.
        /// Exdos ///
        "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Working...
        X