X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a picture of the top seal so pretty sure number 9 is the bottom one,

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showt...ight=door+seal

Comment

cheers Dave, I looked today, I saw they were 2 pieces;0) Now ordered. Thanks for your help.

John
      Last edited by Jonnysideways; 21-05-2020, 11:32 AM.
      2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

I've searched RealOEM but for the life of me I can't find the part number for the wiper stalk on the steering column - strangely it appears that the paint on mine has started to come off. Sun damage perhaps from too many wonderful British summers

There are a few Z3/E36 stalks on ebay. Just want to check that it's the same item before I buy
        Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
          I've searched RealOEM but for the life of me I can't find the part number for the wiper stalk on the steering column - strangely it appears that the paint on mine has started to come off. Sun damage perhaps from too many wonderful British summers

There are a few Z3/E36 stalks on ebay. Just want to check that it's the same item before I buy
          I think they are all the same for different years but worth double checking - coupe ones are different to normal z3's as you have the rear wiper control.

Are you sure the paint has come off as graphics look odd at the best of times?

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=61_0805

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
            I think they are all the same for different years but worth double checking - coupe ones are different to normal z3's as you have the rear wiper control.

Are you sure the paint has come off as graphics look odd at the best of times?

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=61_0805
            Cheers Dave. Of course! I never even considered that the roadster wouldn't have rear wiper control - doh!

Yeah, it's on the arm itself that the paint has gone a bit funky, not on the end piece with the graphics on. Really not sure why - it's not like you actually touch the arm at all in use, and it just appears to have faded so much to reveal the white plastic beneath the 'paint'

Comment

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=12_0428

Item 6, do we know the part number of the nuts that hold it down x 2

cheers

John

Comment

Originally posted by jonnysideways View Post
                https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=12_0428

Item 6, do we know the part number of the nuts that hold it down x 2

cheers

John

I have searched for these in the past but they dont appear to be listed on any parts diagram, if you have one and can take a picture with the length then I should be able to give you a part number of something that will do the job. I think they are approx M6x20 bolts with a washer and spring clip fitted?

Comment

cheers Dave, ill pull one off at the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnysideways View Post
                    cheers Dave, ill pull one off at the weekend.
                    Phnarr phnarr...
                    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

I have no words lol. Also forgot to pull one off, I'll have to unbolt them in the week

Comment

I'm looking for a rear number plate fixing, could be a long shot.

At the rear the bolts are fine threaded and go into a brass/plastic nut that is sunk into the boot panel.

They are not the normal course threaded screws etc.

One of my number plate fixings sheared off when I removed it!

Edited; I just found the number by using google to search the forum, it's 51138400227 I think :)
                        Last edited by urquattrogus; 02-01-2021, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by urquattrogus View Post
                          I'm looking for a rear number plate fixing, could be a long shot.

At the rear the bolts are fine threaded and go into a brass/plastic nut that is sunk into the boot panel.

They are not the normal course threaded screws etc.

One of my number plate fixings sheared off when I removed it!

Edited; I just found the number by using google to search the forum, it's 51138400227 I think :)

Yes that's the correct part number for the rear mounts, I have some if you cant get them from a dealer at the moment.

Comment

Anybody (Dave ) able to help out with the part numbers for the thick rubber insulation parts that fit over the interior of the rear arches and in to the rear light cluster areas?

The one on the drivers side of my car has been broken up in to a few pieces and I’m struggling to piece the thing back together so I’m thinking a new part is perhaps the best route now

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                              Anybody (Dave ) able to help out with the part numbers for the thick rubber insulation parts that fit over the interior of the rear arches and in to the rear light cluster areas?

The one on the drivers side of my car has been broken up in to a few pieces and I’m struggling to piece the thing back together so I’m thinking a new part is perhaps the best route now
                              Insulation here,

https://bimmercat.com/bmw/en/search/...50/ECE/51_2356

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                                Thanks Dave. I couldn’t spot it at all on Real OEM but then that thing confuses them hell out of me. I guess now I just see how much BMW want to fleece me for on a couple of bits of formed rubber ha

EDIT: found prices online so just adding here in case of use to others

SOUND INSULATION TRUNK RIGHT (51488399042)
                                £75

BMW SOUND INSULATOR TRUNK LEFT (51488399041)
                                £140
                                Last edited by Fat Tony; 29-05-2021, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X