No announcement yet.

S50 M Coupé Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare Professional RDS's - new old stock tape unit to replace faulty item and new front facia to hopefully make two good working units,

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
        Drivers mirror back from paint shop,
        Looks great. Did you have any bubbling before hand? Did you also replace the rubber trim?
        ‘99 M Coupe | ‘07 M5 Touring

Comment

• Originally posted by DBA086 View Post
          Looks great. Did you have any bubbling before hand? Did you also replace the rubber trim?

mirrors are Ac Schnitzer so not made from alloy but still the paint blistered around the base so caused by water ingress I think, seals were ok and reused

Comment

• Some more new parts,

Large heat shield (protection plate) 51488397681
            bellows for steering rack 32211139786
            Gasket, bolts and washers for diff/cover

Comment

• Replaced front CSL discs and pads, new hardware fitted - backplate bolts and hub screw and bearing dust shield

Last edited by Dave P; 15-02-2020, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Drivers rear disc replaced,

Comment

• Bloody lovely Dave - I really like seeing clean backing plates

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

• Looks great.

What mounting brackets did you go with (presume these are 996 calipers), and was there any specific reason you have chosen 4-pot over 6-pot 135i caliper for the front?

Comment

• Originally posted by grishin View Post
                        Looks great.

What mounting brackets did you go with (presume these are 996 calipers), and was there any specific reason you have chosen 4-pot over 6-pot 135i caliper for the front?

Thanks.

The mounting brackets at the front are from a company called MBT and the rears are from Rallyroad. I did this conversion back in 2011 hence the 996 calipers rather than BMW .

old picture showing brackets when new and fitted to previous owners Coupe

Comment

• Thanks Dave, appreciate the info and the pictures. Getting myself ready for 6-pot conversion.

Comment

• Some more random new parts ,

steering rack hoses 32131095964
                            front arb brackets 31351131622
                            backplate bolts 34103451068
                            front spring plates 31332227903
                            3mm front upper spring pads 31332227902

Comment

• Saw this picture taken of my coupe leaving BMW festival I think in 2017,

Last edited by Dave P; 19-02-2020, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Do love the AC bits on the coupe, makes them propper aggressive, always loved the look since I first saw Jeffs at one of my first BMW shows.

Estoril blue is a firm favorite too, I've had a E36 and E46 M in it, but I just had to have another Imola lol, much to my wife's displeasure...
                                2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X