Anyone with advice / Pictures Eibach Pro Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And madder still...

Mines on old standard shocks but 1 year old OEM rear springs.

The gap at the rear doesnt look to bad here, but I can get 3 and a bit fingers over the top of the tyre.
    2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

My car is 66CM from the floor to the highest point of the rear arch, and 64.5CM on the front form the same reading, and 13CM form top of wheel rim edge to the highest point of the rear arch, and 10.8CM for the front.
      Last edited by Jonnysideways; 18-11-2020, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Very useful info that Johny. I’m thinking of refreshing the suspension on mine, other than fitting coilovers you don’t really know how any set up will look until it’s on the car.

Comment

Thats kinda where I have been getting too, as unless you either try different spring and shock combos you never know. If they are adjustable you can setup as you want.

I was about to put the trigger a set of KW's ST Coilovers, as they are a good value option, but I've now had some doubt set in, as the dealer seller them, said to run them I may need spacers, that I'm not sure if I would do if I go to the hights level, as its only a 25MM drop according to the specs, and at that height, it's still higher had a 30MM dropped spring setup.

I guess the question, would be, do most people run spacers with coil-overs? or is just when you go to a certain lower setting.

I was looking at the BMW Z3 M (mr/c) M Coup ST Suspension X Coilover Kit, Lowers: 25-50mm on the front, Lowers: 25-50mm on the rear. Circa £700

If I got the B6 / H&R route it would be roughly £254 - £350 (depending on reseller) for springs and B6s are £410 for front and £243 for the rear, so close to £900 quid, and thats before taking into consideration the top mounts are getting done at £240 ish, and I have bought rear top mounts for £100, its just creeping up and up lol.

When nothing has failed yet, I just want to refresh it and get it lower at the back.
          Last edited by Jonnysideways; 18-11-2020, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Never had coilovers so can’t be any help with that I’m afraid. I’m interested how this pans out for you though.

Comment

Don’t take these figures as gospel as I had to measure whilst on the ramp which is pretty flat but maybe not perfect and still settling too.

66cm floor to arch and 12.5cm top of rim to lip of arch.
              Last edited by urquattrogus; 18-11-2020, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David z coupe View Post
                Never had coilovers so can’t be any help with that I’m afraid. I’m interested how this pans out for you though.
                Me either hence my hesitation, about spending loads of money and hating it.

Comment

Originally posted by urquattrogus View Post
                  Don’t take these figures as gospel as I had to measure whilst on the ramp which is pretty flat but maybe not perfect and still settling too.

66cm floor to arch and 12.5cm top of rim to lip of arch.
                  Thanks for that, all really useful information.

Is that all round? If so similar to mine as it is today, on standard rear springs, but roughly 5mm lower to the wheel, perhaps mine are more worn than I thought lol.
                  Last edited by Jonnysideways; 18-11-2020, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Well after driving myself nuts, I have gone the staged rollout, and ordered some H&R springs, Ill fit them and see, and if I like the results, ill match them with some new shocks, Billys or OEM depending on the deal I can get, and then see.

If the drop is not what IM after, Ill consider moving them on, and then go for Coilover.

I just don't have enough experience with coilovers in how they operate, how to set them up, what additional issues may come with fitment etc, and really didn't want to have to buy spacers.

Comment

Larkspeed were good on price and availability for the Billies etc

I was a bit peeved by the cost of the OEM shocks.

For example the rear ones seemed over the top for what they are. circa £200 each from memory...

Comment

Originally posted by jonnysideways View Post
                        Well after driving myself nuts, I have gone the staged rollout, and ordered some H&R springs, Ill fit them and see, and if I like the results, ill match them with some new shocks, Billys or OEM depending on the deal I can get, and then see.

If the drop is not what IM after, Ill consider moving them on, and then go for Coilover.

I just don't have enough experience with coilovers in how they operate, how to set them up, what additional issues may come with fitment etc, and really didn't want to have to buy spacers.

I haven't fitted coilovers but from what I have read a 5mm spacer is normally all that is needed for the front to clear the shock and spring

Comment

Hi, cheers for that, I got quotes circa £180 this morning for a rear shock, I remember when I refreshed my E36 M3, Billys all round were £600 vs £1000 for Sachs OEM.

The best deal was the B12 kit for the E46 I got a year or so ago for £750 for springs and shocks, that's a winner.

I'll check Larkspeed, but maybe see if there are my black Friday deals over the next 2 weeks. Cheer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                            I haven't fitted coilovers but from what I have read a 5mm spacer is normally all that is needed for the front to clear the shock and spring

Cheers Dave, I would prefer shocks and springs, so Ill get the rears on when they arrive and have a think about the fitment, and the spring pads too ;0)

Comment

Larkspeed
                              BMW Z3 Coupe (E36) M (236 kW)02/98 > 06/01 Front Left £ 194.09
                              BMW Z3 Coupe (E36) M (236 kW)02/98 > 06/01 Front Right £ 194.09
                              BMW Z3 Coupe (E36) M (236 kW) 02/98 > 06/01 Rear £ 124.83

Bilstein Direct
                              Bilstein B6 - Sport Damper 35-043935 £190.68
                              Bilstein B6 - Sport Damper 35-043942 £190.68
                              Bilstein B6 - Sport Damper 24-027182 £122.64 x 2

Comment

First staged purchased. 2 x rear shocks purchased, from DemonTweeks at £121.50 each.

Comment

Working...
                                X