Manual Rear boot lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Rear boot lock

Can someone please tell me when the rear lock is in the horizontal manually locked position can you freely press and depress the push button (with the key out) or does it remain fixed in the depressed position? eg. out position!

Mines pushes in but then remains stuck in and is a bitch to pull back out using a hooked pick, have used plenty of lubrication!! The central lock isn't work for the boot and now trying to understand whats going off!

Cheers paul

When the lock is horizontal with key removed the push button should move in and out freely and should rest in the normal out position

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
      When the lock is horizontal with key removed the push button should move in and out freely and should rest in the normal out position
      That's what mine does.

Just a thought. Have you lubricated the lock barrel internals via the key slot as well as the outside of the barrel?
      Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
      2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
      1986 M635
      1985 E28 M5
      1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Yeah it's been well lubricated inside and out... going to try again with it again tomorrow!

Comment

Catch may be faulty?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=41_0079

Comment

Working...
          X