Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still looking for a Professional rds unit

Comment

Now looking for a good condition facia and volume knob for a BMW professional rds
      Last edited by Dave P; 18-01-2015, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Still looking for a facia and volume knob

Comment

A few years ago I got a volume knob from the dealer for a couple of quid, might be worth a try,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
            A few years ago I got a volume knob from the dealer for a couple of quid, might be worth a try,,,
            Welcome to the forum , they still do the knobs for most headunits but have discontinued the one I need

Comment

Did you ever get sorted with finding one Dave? While my radio still works fine, the cassette player is definitely on the way out (could try a head cleaner kit I guess first)

I'd like to replace with the professional tape deck but it's not easy to find the buggers is it?
              Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
              ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
              Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                Did you ever get sorted with finding one Dave? While my radio still works fine, the cassette player is definitely on the way out (could try a head cleaner kit I guess first)

I'd like to replace with the professional tape deck but it's not easy to find the buggers is it?
                I found one on ebay Uk a while ago which works fine but wasn't in great condition,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=483

They appear on ebay Germany from time to time but can reach €300

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                  I found one on ebay Uk a while ago which works fine but wasn't in great condition,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=483

They appear on ebay Germany from time to time but can reach €300
                  Ouch, for a 15yr old tape player Do you have a model number or anything mate?

I do want to retain the tape player... got some 'classic' mixtapes from the era
                  Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                  ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                  Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                    Ouch, for a 15yr old tape player Do you have a model number or anything mate?

I do want to retain the tape player... got some 'classic' mixtapes from the era
                    I just searched ebay for "bmw professional rds" but the model is a Becker 2455 and the part number is on the picture in the link

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=430

Comment

Slightly old topic, but just to add some details in case anyone finds it through search or Google like I did.

First of all, the unit Dave wanted, was the most exclusive single DIN OEM radio available. (together with the older Bavaria C Profession (RDS) unit, which consists of several components. And by far the priciest.

The CD43 was the defactor radio for years, but the last year, year and a half, people have been buying these units now, realizing they are special. I can not find any now on Ebay at all.

Reason you can't get a separate button for them is not because it's been discontinued, but because you never could. Unlike other model radio's, this knob doesn't just pull off, put is one piece with the electronics underneath, soldered to the PCB.

This unit is made by Becker and the only modern unit made by them. Rest is Philips/Alpine/Blaupunkt.

We all know, Becker is highly regarded. While being an older tape based unit, it has some very nice and unique features. The best one being the dual FM tuner.
                      Together with the double line big display, you get this awesome function of having the chosen station displayed, and on the bottom line all other stations it can receive.

There are two versions, which from the outside, bar the model number, are identical. The BE2450 and BE2455. The later BE2455 is for later ibus based CD changers, the older one for mbus CDC's.

Both will however work with steering wheel controls (which you can retrofit to the Z3) if a Dension-ish type interface is in between.

The other, small difference, is the way TP (Traffic Program) is displayed. The older unit will show T or TP when it's turned on, the BE2455 will actually display the station name of the selected TP station. Because of the dual FM tuner, you can set a specific station for TP if you wish to do so.

Older model:

Newer model:

Comment

Originally posted by MParallel View Post
                        Slightly old topic, but just to add some details in case anyone finds it through search or Google like I did.

First of all, the unit Dave wanted, was the most exclusive single DIN OEM radio available. (together with the older Bavaria C Profession (RDS) unit, which consists of several components. And by far the priciest.

The CD43 was the defactor radio for years, but the last year, year and a half, people have been buying these units now, realizing they are special. I can not find any now on Ebay at all.

Reason you can't get a separate button for them is not because it's been discontinued, but because you never could. Unlike other model radio's, this knob doesn't just pull off, put is one piece with the electronics underneath, soldered to the PCB.

This unit is made by Becker and the only modern unit made by them. Rest is Philips/Alpine/Blaupunkt.

We all know, Becker is highly regarded. While being an older tape based unit, it has some very nice and unique features. The best one being the dual FM tuner.
                        Together with the double line big display, you get this awesome function of having the chosen station displayed, and on the bottom line all other stations it can receive.

There are two versions, which from the outside, bar the model number, are identical. The BE2450 and BE2455. The later BE2455 is for later ibus based CD changers, the older one for mbus CDC's.

Both will however work with steering wheel controls (which you can retrofit to the Z3) if a Dension-ish type interface is in between.

The other, small difference, is the way TP (Traffic Program) is displayed. The older unit will show T or TP when it's turned on, the BE2455 will actually display the station name of the selected TP station. Because of the dual FM tuner, you can set a specific station for TP if you wish to do so.

Older model:

Newer model:

Good info

Comment

I recently bought a near mint one off ebay,

Comment

Beautiful!

Easily the nicest OEM single DIN unit available. By far. Love the soft keys row at the bottom. A CD version would have been cool, but I use a Dension GW300 anyways.

I'm only a little sad by one con, and it's a big one. Oh if only...
                            It does not support ibus/cd/id3 text. Which the CD43 does. I have both, but just love the Becker one.

I was kinda lucky and bought one off a Dutch forum member and it looked to have a brand new facia, as it still had these little paper thingies under the side covers, which you get on new ones. I offered him €200 and to my surprise he agreed right away.

Last edited by MParallel; 12-11-2015, 04:54 PM. Reason: pic link didn't work

Comment

Too add some additional info, like many of these BMW branded units, they are based or exist next to the regular non branded model.

In this case it's the Becker Mexico Professional 2420/2430.

Seeing this, I kinda wished the RDS logo made it to the BMW version.

Comment

Saw this on ebay,

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-Professio...cAAOSw14xWP68A

Comment

Working...
                                X