Garage flooring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage flooring

I've got so bored in lockdown that my garage is actually now tidy, and I am looking at whether it is worth flooring it. It is a typical 2-car 5x6m garage with a small utility area at the back, and has a concrete floor. The floor creates quite a lot of dust and is a pain to keep clean.

I was considering PVC interlocking tiles as an easy DIY solution that won't cost the earth. Anyone got any experience/recommendations?
    '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

I did mine in Ecotiles a few years ago you can see here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC0X28yg...=1re05qcxq524k

I’m really please with them. Put them down on a bare concrete floor that was far from perfect but basically flat. You just knock off any really high bumps.
    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Originally posted by Seca Blue View Post
      I did mine in Ecotiles a few years ago you can see here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC0X28yg...=1re05qcxq524k

I’m really please with them. Put them down on a bare concrete floor that was far from perfect but basically flat. You just knock off any really high bumps.
      They look good! I can't quite see the front - I am guessing you have ramp strips by the doors? What did you use to cut the edge tiles?
      '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

Yes I’ve got ramps the run along the front and sit just under the door edges.
        I just used a hand saw. It was.......tiresome especially with a double garage and in winter - they’re hard as f@ck.
        I’ve never regretted getting them or wished I’d done something else - well worth it.

Comment

tiles do look good

Comment

Ive got a similar grey/black tiles in mine too, very easy to lay with a mallet and cut with a jigsaw. Hard enough to jack the car up on and out in axle stands too.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
              Ive got a similar grey/black tiles in mine too, very easy to lay with a mallet and cut with a jigsaw. Hard enough to jack the car up on and out in axle stands too.
              Thanks. I see another lockdown project coming on...

Comment

Ordered mine from Costco online, came on a pallet as the tiles are really heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                  Ordered mine from Costco online, came on a pallet as the tiles are really heavy.
                  These look good - I can't help thinking that the textured pattern is going to be easier to keep clean than the dots/checker plate.

Are you happy with the quality?

Comment

Exactly. The coin top looked like it like trap dirt around each little circle so went for a textured surface.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightrider View Post
                      These look good - I can't help thinking that the textured pattern is going to be easier to keep clean than the dots/checker plate.

Are you happy with the quality?
                      Yea they are fine, though it scratches easily, I think its when they're brand new you notice that more.

Comment

Finally got round to doing this a couple of weeks ago. In the end, I used Plasfloor tiles - slightly thinner and less compressible than some others and come in a good range of colours. They are smaller than other tiles (20cm) so fitting took longer - around 6-7 hours in total between myself, my wife and the kids (probably would have been quicker without the kids!)...

Obligatory pics:

Comment

Working...
                        X