Missed running in service, a problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed running in service, a problem?

One of the cars I’m going to view next week appears to have it running in service missed, the service appears to have been done at its 1st service which was at 6000miles! How much of a problem do you guys think this is, and should this be reflected in the price?

I always thought it was viewed as critical.
    If you can find out the dealer maybe they would have a record of it.

Tbh if the car has done enough miles though, I’m not sure if it’s still a deal breaker and the treatment over the last 20 years is probably more important. I’m just speculating mind, someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly I’m sure..
    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Here’s the car in question https://borderreivers.co/portfolio/bmw-z3m/

Comment

I wouldn’t worry to much, the car is around 20 years old, if there was going to be a problem it would have shown up long ago.

My car was a registered to a dealership as the first owner, no running in service shown on the service book and no way of checking if it had it. I’m not concerned in the slightest.

Comment

Also I know this car, it’s Al’s old car.

This car was wanted for nothing, Al is very particular with his cars and owns some spectacular metal.

Comment

Originally posted by David z coupe View Post
            Also I know this car, it’s Al’s old car.

This car was wanted for nothing, Al is very particular with his cars and owns some spectacular metal.
            Thanks for info!! Was he ever on the forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Nigt3 View Post
              Thanks for info!! Was he ever on the forum?
              Yeah he was on the forum a few times. Think the username was big Al.

Al is meticulous with his cars so it’ll be mint.

Comment

Sorry username was Als911. You should be able to find some info on it if you google the name

Comment

I have met Alan a couple of times and seen some of his car collection which includes some tasty Porsche's,

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/searc...archid=3895504

Comment

Whilst I'm sure the latest owner was fastidious, you need to think about how others would view the car.

The fact that you're worried about it means that many others would be too. If you plan to keep the car forever then no issue, otherwise use it as a bargaining chip. Others would do the same to you :)

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Working...
                    X