Yellow stuff pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
    Would anybody be able to confirm the manufacturer number for EBC Yellow Stuff pads for the front of the MC please?

Or just if they're the same fit as the M Roadster. I figured that they would be but Eurocarparts on eBay suggests otherwise

I think the fronts are part number DP4689R fits many calipers inc e36m3 and z3m

Comment

Yeah, they're the ones I was looking at mate based on the Demon Tweaks site, but the 'compatibility checker' functionality on eBay suggests otherwise.

Probably just that usual confusion of the existence of the MC, ha
      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Daves product number looks right to me!

Just a word of warning to those looking to track with yellows, they had started to disintegrate when I took my old 2.8 on track

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Cheers mate. Mine's been running on Red Stuff pads since I got it, I was going to switch because I thought the consensus was that yellow were better for general road use

Comment

I’ve always used yellows myself - I don’t track the MC and I don’t think I’ve ever had any complaints. Need new discs and pads this year I think so need to decide what I’m doing f tether next set.
            S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

If you're not tracking then I totally rate yellow stuff

Comment

Well about 12 months after buying replacement new front discs and taking delivery of the yellow stuff pads, I've finally cleared some time to fit them this weekend - OS calliper has come off easy enough but Christ on a bike the 2 bolts holding the calliper mounting bracket are proving a little challenging... not helped by the the fact that the Halfords 'pro' socket set I have has every size covered apart from the 16mm needed

*applies penetrating oil and heads to Halfords for long 16mm spanner (I thought it was all going too well, ha)

Comment

Well, those calliper mounting bracket bolts are NOT for budging. I'll leave the penetrating oil overnight to see if it helps, but I've a feeling it's going to be a re-assemble and get it to a garage with heat/impact driver/whatever unfortunately. Should have been such an easy job

I'll be ordering replacement bolts on Monday either way

Comment

Well, those calliper mounting bracket bolts are NOT for budging. I'll leave the penetrating oil overnight to see if it helps, but I've a feeling it's going to be a re-assemble and get it to a garage with heat/impact driver/whatever unfortunately. Should have been such an easy job

I'll be ordering replacement bolts on Monday either way
                    Tony do you have access to a breaker bar?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                      Tony do you have access to a breaker bar?
                      I do mate, however the problem is that neither the 16mm socket or ring spanner that I've just bought are a brilliant fit - it looks like a previous owner managed to round the bolt heads a little and I really don't want to make the matter worse and end up handing the car over for somebody to have to drill them out etc

Comment

I do mate, however the problem is that neither the 16mm socket or ring spanner that I've just bought are a brilliant fit - it looks like a previous owner managed to round the bolt heads a little and I really don't want to make the matter worse and end up handing the car over for somebody to have to drill them out etc
                        Garage will have bolt extractors or similar

Comment

An impact gun with a 6-sided socket is sometimes useful when things are a bit rounded.

Comment

These have saved my skin a few times

https://www.bes.co.uk/irwin-bolt-gri...UaAt5cEALw_wcB

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                              An impact gun with a 6-sided socket is sometimes useful when things are a bit rounded.
                              Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post

The bolts were no less keen on moving this morning, so cheers both.

Yeah that's why I'm thinking getting it over to my local indie might be the best approach now Chris - while I'd love an impact gun I can't justify buying one really. But maybe I should

I'll bag a set of those cheers Martin - look very useful.

Issue now is that the old pads were so well used that I chucked them straight in to the bin, which was collected by the bin men 10 minutes later so I've had to re-assemble with the new pads fitted and the old disc still in place. Not ideal but at least we're mobile again to get it sorted.

I'll be glad to get fresh bolts fitted ready for next time

Comment

Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post

I bought a set of these for South African chap I was working with in Nigeria so he could do some restoration work on BMW 3 series he had. He said they saved him a lot of hassle on dismantling suspension etc. 👍
                                Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                                2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                                1986 M635
                                1985 E28 M5
                                1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Working...
                                X