Stereo upgrade/replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by urquattrogus View Post
    I was just looking at your thread but couldn't see, which bluetooth module did end up with? Do you have a link?

My boot is all apart and CD changer is out so it's tempting to fit a bluetooth adaptor instead when i put it back together.

Thanks
    One of these:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth...o/111573317902
    ----------------
    David
    1999 M Coupe (S50)
    >>Read my journal here<<
    2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
    2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

Ah, just asked for this in my other post!

Does this mean you lose the use of the CD changer? I noticed it doesn’t work on the Professional version...
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Yes it replaces the CD changer.
        I can’t see why it wouldn’t work on any original Blaupunkt headunit that has the cd changer control. I know it’s not compatible with the Becker units.

Mine is used with the CD43 unit.
        ----------------
        David
        1999 M Coupe (S50)
        >>Read my journal here<<
        2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
        2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

I checked and the seller says not compatible with my business RDS unit with CD changer, I think you need one of the better head units.

This is the one I have:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAD

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
            Steady now... I only went as far as fitting a stubbier (Honda Civic I think) aerial at one time, but soon changed it back

Pretty sure I’ve seen photos is an MC with a shark fin fitted on here somewhere
            I was thinking about a shark fin as I was wondering if I could get a modern satnav in there but I don't think any of the single DIN ones will fit owing to the air vents above. So I've abandoned that idea and am going to go for the DRA-6003 DAB/FM antenna mentioned by others and fit the Blaupunkt Bremen SQR46. Should then be able to use Waze, Spotify etc but also have a reasonably contemporary-looking head unit.

Comment

Working...
            X