Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie joins the Forum

Just want to say hello.
    Registered on the forum yesterday, but went to get the new metal monster tonight...
    The 2000 Dakar Yellow low miles model on Pistonheads is now OURS
    Terrific condition. Really pleased.
    Drove the 50 miles home and she purred all the way.
    No strange noises from anywhere, but will will go over with a tooth comb over the weekend.
    Is there anything to expect with 37k and good service history ?
    The Sound of Vanos ? I have heard BAD ones on Youtube, but how does a normal/good one sound ?
    Will post some photos when new plate goes on.
    2000 W Z3MC Dakar Yellow
    Ex Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
    Ex Caterham 7

Welcome Tig. That is low mileage for a 2000 car. Put up some pics when you get the chance.

Quote "Is there anything to expect with 37k and good service history ?" Yes, a big smile on your face for a long time.
    Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Welcome to the breadvan club.
      You will love every minute of it!
      Hertfordshire, Estoril, 2000 W, Gruppe M Induction, Xenon Lights.

Comment

Welcome!

I commented on here not so long back how much I loved the look of that Dakar and it seemed a bargain price. I'm jealous!!

I'm on 51k with original VANOS and no issues (touch wood!) and there's people on here that haven't had theirs replaced for a LOT longer than that.

Well done

Comment

Damn, I had my eye on that one. Congratulations
          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Saved me a trip to Scotland I guess ;-)

Was on my list of cars to look at along with the Tyne & Wear one on Pistonheads both now sold. Lots of z3mc changing hands at mo it seems.

Dakar yellow looks awesome in the flesh. Pictures just don't do the combination justice. :-)
            ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
            now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Comment

Another member to the dakar club

Comment

You got some decent roads in your neck of the woods, perfect place to enjoy your new toy!

Comment

Dakar Club

Thanks guys.
                  Dakar was not first choice of colour, but picked car because of condition and mileage.
                  Must admit though, it is striking
                  Just putting private plate on her then ready to roll.
                  Stripped the boot out tonight - totally clean and original. Like new.

Dakar club ....Ho ho. So just how many Dakars are around ?
                  2000 W Z3MC Dakar Yellow
                  Ex Caterham 7

Comment

Welcome

Welcome to the forum I'm sure you'll enjoy your purchase Dakar is a cool colour
                    [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Dakar purchase

Congrats on the new purchase, another Yellow one to keep all those blue ones at bay.
                      Attached Files

Comment

First photos of Dakar

Scrubbed and checked over.
                        Some photos....
                        Attached Files
                        2000 W Z3MC Dakar Yellow
                        Ex Caterham 7

Comment

Very nice

Comment

First Impressions and Precautions

Ok, so now the Dakar Monster has been scrubbed, polished, vacuumed, leather treated......... we have had a few short blasts and even a shopping trip to the supermarket !!!!

Amazing power, handling and comfort. Dare I say even relatively quiet too.
                            Looking forward to many miles of enjoyment.
                            With mixed driving I estimate we have done around 23 mpg, but it is early days to assess.

Regardless of the fact there are 3 greens showing, the little clock is lit, so she is booked into local BMW garage for "Fluid" changes. Oil, Coolant, Brake fluid. We checked with several independants, whose prices were not much less than Dealer BMW, so guess a "Real" stamp would be better in the book.

Completely cleaned and looked round the engine bay. Not very dusty or dirty. Couple of rust spots where brake fluid had dripped down on a previous service below the Brake fluid reservoir. Cleaned off and waxoiled, as much too difficult to get at any other way.

Now the worry....

When reasonably warmed through, there is a "Little" bit of chatter from the rocker cover area when revs are falling back to tickover. Nothing when cold, nothing on tickover, nothing on acceleration. Hmmm, start of Vanos problems or normal for the engine ????
                            Also, right at the bottom of the Left hand Vanos cover, was "OLD DIRTY OIL residue !!!" and 1 softly tight bolt (half turn to tighten) and one which only took a quarter turn to tighten.
                            Oil in that area makes me think one of the O rings of the solenoids has gone, alowing a little oil to get past.
                            Going to ask the garage to check it for bolts, gasket and O rings, so hopefully caught this one in time.

Now used to the "YELLOW", like the black leather interior (Grey carpets) and smile every time I see it. Wasn't particularly a "Bottom" person in the past(Prefer the Prow, myself) but in the case of the M Coupe, it is a very good view IMHO.
                            2000 W Z3MC Dakar Yellow
                            Ex Caterham 7

Comment

Working...
                            X