M6 Engined Z3m Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W1234 View Post
    Sad to see one of the rare oxford green cars smashed up like that! Still can't tell if it's RHD or LHD originally (although UK plates), but if it's RHD that's a rare car.
    The original coupe was a UK-registered LHD car... Plenty of these were imported when the £ was worth EUR1.66

I found strange that the tag says M-roadster, but the VIN checks out... Need to check our 1998 LHD M-coupe for its tag and whether it says coupe or roadster on it...

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do?vin=lb29919

Going back to the weight thing and the V10 vs. V8 vs. I6 argument - the car has been lightened to buggery via fiberglass and carbon fibre, it is running intrax race suspension and more importantly M6 front and rear axles with uni-ball bearings all round. This Z3MC is so far removed from the standard car, I think the argument is almost academical.

Perhaps this car should be considered as an M6 with Z3MC body on top rather than as Z3MC with M6 engine and gearbox... Lovely work none-the-less
    Imola Red BMW Z4M Coupe - daily hack
    Slate Gray Porsche 928GTR - race car
    Guards Red Porsche 928S2 - sunday best
    Oxford Green BMW E39 540iA Touring - daily hack

Comment

Yea exactly, I think the M6 rear end will be heavier but like you say most of the shell has been butchered to adapt an M6 underneath.

Would have looked awesome plain white or a colour scheme like the M1 Procar with the proper M colours.

Comment

Working...
      X