Awaiting Delivery of New Boy's Toy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian

I like you never want to sell mine, at least chargac, elee and Hayley are active members on the forum and do seem like they will drive these cars.

I am glad they haven't been bought by anom car collectors and they are lost to a warehouse somewhere

Jim

Comment

There was actually a German car collector who was looking to buy it to add to his big collection which apparently includes a Z8 (lucky chap!). If the car had headed there it will have likely sat idle under wraps and out of site of all UK owners.

I have plans to use this car as often as possible, but may have to take mileage into consideration and keep to dry days, but let's be honest you can't have one of these sat in the garage at home and not have a constant earning to take it for a regular blast!

I toyed with buying a higher mileage example for a lower price as this would reduce my concern over usage on a more regular basis, but this one came up and I just couldn't say no.
      2002 Z3M S54 in LSB

Comment

We will enjoy ours and have already done a couple of hundred miles it's my husbands toy really kids have grown up so we will use ours for weekends away and odd days out. She's currently in being serviced and then the detailed valet before a summer of enjoyment!

Comment

I guess if you have a vast collection of cars to choose from to take out and play with having one of ours and watching the mileage makes sense...i bought mine a few years ago...never had a car so for so long...sometimes ive hated it and want to just sell the effing thing! most times tho ive loved it !!! always draws attention and remarks..which is enjoyable...but hey you are a long time dead..enjoy your cars,enjoy it all !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
            For those of us who never intend to sell and use them as intended, i'm afraid this all feels rather sad.

One life, live it.
            Exactly this , prior to selling my coupe 3 guys I knew or was connected to died , the oldest being 53 !
            If your life does flash by you when just before you go I'd rather remember driving the car than cleaning the bloody thing

Comment

I try to strike a bit of a balance. Mine has low miles and I use it regularly, but I don't do a large mileage the times I do use it. I do quite a lot of driving in France, Italy and Switzerland and had got the MC serviced and ready to take. But I've decided, on reflection, to keep the miles off the MC and I've just bought a secondhand Abarth 500 for the trip instead. Should be good enough fun.

CB
              98 S50 Cosmos Black/Black interior (previously 98 S50 Estoril Blue/2 tone blue interior)
              My band’s debut album Killer Diller by Drinking Bird Experiment is available on Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, Amazon, Google Play and all the usual other digital outlets.
              http://bit.ly/dbespotify
              http://bit.ly/dbeitunes
              http://bit.ly/dbeamazon
              http://bit.ly/dbegoogle

Comment

You know the speedo plug can fall off the back of the diff on long motorway runs ;)

Seriously though, you probably will get on the continent and find a big open mountain road and wish you'd took the Coupe? Saying that a 500 Abarth is probably a nice drive on roads like that too.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                  You know the speedo plug can fall off the back of the diff on long motorway runs ;)

Seriously though, you probably will get on the continent and find a big open mountain road and wish you'd took the Coupe? Saying that a 500 Abarth is probably a nice drive on roads like that too.
                  Ha ha ha , I'm pleased someone else brought that up , the wipers don't work properly if it happens though , that's how I realised

Comment

It's arrived!

Hi All,

Car arrived this morning and I have not stopped smiling all day long! I’m conscious about keeping the mileage down to aid residual value long term, but at this rate I’ll be up to 100,000 miles by Christmas!

Apart from a cautious test drive with the dealer prior to purchase this is the first chance I’ve had to “really drive” the car and it’s been a real hoot(!), although a completely different driving experience. Compared to my daily run around, which is a 5 series (F10 M sport), its lacking in refinement and I don’t think I’d fancy driving it every day in rush hour traffic, especially as I’ve spent the last 10 years driving automatic’s so my left leg will be taking a real hammering, but what it lacks in terms of modern comforts it more than makes up for in terms driving excitement and it certainly turns heads!

It’s years since I’ve driven a car where all the power is so high up the rev ranger and it will certainly take some getting used to before I can get the most out of it. My daily run arounds have all been big engine diesels with low down grunt (due to work mileage), so holding gear over 4000rpm and up to the top of the rev’s is a new and very enjoyable experience for me; even our Audi TTS rarely goes anywhere near the redline.

All in all I’m well chuffed with my purchase and look forward to many fun weekends to come!

Thanks all.
                    2002 Z3M S54 in LSB

Comment

Originally posted by chagac View Post
                      Hi All,

Car arrived this morning and I have not stopped smiling all day long! I’m conscious about keeping the mileage down to aid residual value long term, but at this rate I’ll be up to 100,000 miles by Christmas!

Apart from a cautious test drive with the dealer prior to purchase this is the first chance I’ve had to “really drive” the car and it’s been a real hoot(!), although a completely different driving experience. Compared to my daily run around, which is a 5 series (F10 M sport), its lacking in refinement and I don’t think I’d fancy driving it every day in rush hour traffic, especially as I’ve spent the last 10 years driving automatic’s so my left leg will be taking a real hammering, but what it lacks in terms of modern comforts it more than makes up for in terms driving excitement and it certainly turns heads!

It’s years since I’ve driven a car where all the power is so high up the rev ranger and it will certainly take some getting used to before I can get the most out of it. My daily run arounds have all been big engine diesels with low down grunt (due to work mileage), so holding gear over 4000rpm and up to the top of the rev’s is a new and very enjoyable experience for me; even our Audi TTS rarely goes anywhere near the redline.

All in all I’m well chuffed with my purchase and look forward to many fun weekends to come!

Thanks all.

nice one

Comment

Originally posted by chagac View Post
                        Hi All,

Thanks all.
                        Lol, thats the point in these cars to a petrolhead, they make you realise how boring modern cars are and how large engined diesels, although fast in a straight line, have no chance on a B road blast.

Its a great combination though, I'm always happy / appreciate the daily mortorway slugger after driving a classic and vice versa, best of both worlds
                        VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Working...
                        X