No announcement yet.

Engine Splash Guard Cover - Z3M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats brill In cheers, a picture speaks a thousand words. So the side pieces do give some additional support to the splash guard.
    2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

Another picture showing the top fixings

Comment

Has anyone had difficulties (Re)fitting the standard under trays with aftermarket suspension and ARBs?

I collected my cars with the undertrays in the boot, but haven’t had an opportunity to refit them.
        ‘99 M Coupe | ‘07 M5 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by DBA086 View Post
          Has anyone had difficulties (Re)fitting the standard under trays with aftermarket suspension and ARBs?

I collected my cars with the undertrays in the boot, but haven’t had an opportunity to refit them.

Never read of it being a problem, the undertrays can be a bit of a puzzle when refitting

Comment

[QUOTE=Dave P;186169]Another picture showing the top fixings

Cheers for that. makes much more sense now.

Comment

Fan

I can see in Ian pics that his car has a fan in front of the radiator that sits in the cut out in the oil cooler air duct - my car only has the engine fan but my car does not have air con fitted - is it the case that cars without air con don't have the front fitted fan or am I missing a fan !
              Also does anyone know the part number for the under tray that fits over the engine brace please?
              I'm missing that undertray & struggling to locate it on Real OEM.

Comment

Originally posted by DougW View Post
                I can see in Ian pics that his car has a fan in front of the radiator that sits in the cut out in the oil cooler air duct - my car only has the engine fan but my car does not have air con fitted - is it the case that cars without air con don't have the front fitted fan or am I missing a fan !
                Also does anyone know the part number for the under tray that fits over the engine brace please?
                I'm missing that undertray & struggling to locate it on Real OEM.
                Front electric "pusher" fan is for the aircon so looks like someone may have removed it with the a/c
                system.

Comment

Large undertray details here,

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/showpart...70&hg=51&fg=75

Comment

undergrad

Thanks Dave.
                    Was air con an optional extra?

Comment

Originally posted by DougW View Post
                      Thanks Dave.
                      Was air con an optional extra?

no, standard on UK M Coupes

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                        Revisiting the thread for inspiration, before bulling my car to pieces to fit my overly expensive oil cooler ducting, and noticed this undercover.

Mine has a one-piece, that has to be removed to get at the sump plug, were there different options?

Also, there are some parts images of full under trays inc the right and left side, mine again does not have these, are they worth retrofitting? or will I be missing mounting holes/or covered up with underseal now over time.

cheers

John

Comment

Originally posted by jonnysideways View Post
                          Revisiting the thread for inspiration, before bulling my car to pieces to fit my overly expensive oil cooler ducting, and noticed this undercover.

Mine has a one-piece, that has to be removed to get at the sump plug, were there different options?

Also, there are some parts images of full under trays inc the right and left side, mine again does not have these, are they worth retrofitting? or will I be missing mounting holes/or covered up with underseal now over time.

cheers

John

Early large undertrays don't have the oil flap which may have been introduced with the S54 , so you don't need number 12 but you should have number 18 (number 2 isn't fitted to S50)

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_2370
                          Last edited by Dave P; 30-09-2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

And finally, my Z3 gets an oil cooler assembly.

cheers for all the help along the way.

Comment

My final, though daft question is, I assume the oil cooler air duct, when all back together sits behind the grill in the bumper, as the way mines sitting at the moment, its a little low, so it is hanging under the grill aperture, when you come to slid the bumper back on.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnysideways View Post
                                My final, though daft question is, I assume the oil cooler air duct, when all back together sits behind the grill in the bumper, as the way mines sitting at the moment, its a little low, so it is hanging under the grill aperture, when you come to slid the bumper back on.

yes it uses the lower grill for air, I think its position is pretty much fixed so cant really be wrong if that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X