Raid 340mm Silberpfeil Steering Wheel group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by racer mxm View Post
    I had to put mine on a boat...two boats...one to Saudi Arabia and one to Dubai as these things don't go on planes apparently

I will have to wait 8-12 weeks

so if airbags cannot even go on cargo flights...then how do they transport those exotic cars from the middle east to london for the summer...I know they send them in planes so why the double standard?
    I would imagine its because the cars are not carried in a cargo hold whilst the steering wheels are packed in boxes surrounded by other boxes all packed together hence more of a fire risk if something went wrong?
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

• well the one for the s50 has arrived in dubai. the ship must have arrived early. should have the wheel in a couple of days.

Unfortunately, the one for the s54 is still in London...so probably wont get here till end November/early December.
      BMW Polygamy
      1988 E30 M3: stolen Zinnabarot/Tan
      1991 850Ci: Sold.
      1999 M Coupe: Sold
      2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) Custom Black/Black, Powerflo Headers, UUC short shift, RK6A, RAID silberfil, 3.73 LSD, Randy Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters & roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
      2006 Mini Cooper Sold

sigpic

Comment

• Sorry to bump this.... but essentially, there is no way to get these things into the US at all huh?

This is one of the last mod's I have to do to my car at this point, and it seems there is no way I can get one over here :(

Comment

• I'm guessing you must be able to get them in the USA. The issue is they have to be shipped by boat and not plane due to the explosive airbag.

They are a very popular Porsche upgrade so I would enquire on the USA Porsche forums or larger Porsche tuners as someone must import them in bulk ?
          VIDEO or Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by z3speed4me View Post
            Sorry to bump this.... but essentially, there is no way to get these things into the US at all huh?

This is one of the last mod's I have to do to my car at this point, and it seems there is no way I can get one over here :(
            Business opportunity here bro...buy a container from Raid and sell them to all our friends on bf.com and if you can't sell them all, turn to Porsche owners...just make sure you have all the different hubs...

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
            I'm guessing you must be able to get them in the USA. The issue is they have to be shipped by boat and not plane due to the explosive airbag.

They are a very popular Porsche upgrade so I would enquire on the USA Porsche forums or larger Porsche tuners as someone must import them in bulk ?
            Well my first one has been with the s50b32 shop for a while and will probably be done by early Jan. The second one has arrived at the port, but had to give "official" permission via signed letter certified by the chamber of commerce for the clearing agent to get it to me so thats another 125 Euros....so the one for the s54 has cost me the group buy price plus, 153 Euros for sea freight to Jeddah and 125 Euros clearing costs. Total for this venture is....790 euros for Jeddah and 763 for Dubai...a whopping 1553 Euros....man its easier to live in Europe...parts galore, no shipping/clearing/waiting
            Last edited by racer mxm; 23-12-2012, 07:11 PM.
            BMW Polygamy
            1988 E30 M3: stolen Zinnabarot/Tan
            1991 850Ci: Sold.
            1999 M Coupe: Sold
            2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) Custom Black/Black, Powerflo Headers, UUC short shift, RK6A, RAID silberfil, 3.73 LSD, Randy Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters & roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
            2006 Mini Cooper Sold

sigpic

Comment

• I'm looking to buy a 340mm Raid Steering wheel if anyone happens to have one, seem a bit hard to come by.

Comment

Working...
              X