Raid 340mm Silberpfeil Steering Wheel group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raid 340mm Silberpfeil Steering Wheel group buy

I've heard back from Carnewal with regards to a group buy of 5 Raid 340mm Silberpfeil Airbag Steering Wheels. It's not a huge saving, but it is a saving (usual price is 375 euro for the wheel alone). There is the option to leave off the model designation on the airbag cover.

Smooth leather:

Perforated:

------
    Raid 710121 Silberpfeil 340mm (smooth or perforated leather) : 343 euro
    Hub BMW Z3 : 52 euro
    Shipping to UK : 20 euro
    Total ; 415+21%vat = 502,15 euro

We need 4-5 days to get the parts in stock.

------

The orders can be placed individually, direct with Carnewal, so no handling of cash or responsibility laid upon any forum member.

They advise that when buying from an EU country, EU VAT is applied and no further VAT would be due on delivery to the UK. Anybody know 100% if that's the case?

Anybody interested?
    Last edited by Fat Tony; 02-08-2012, 08:39 AM.
    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

If your UK VAT registered, then they shouldn't even charge VAT. As an individual that would sound correct that the goods are in EU free circulation, so therefore no VAT is charged. So at today's rates we are looking at £396 all in.

Certainly interested, Perforated with no horride writing on the airbag!

Comment

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/.../importing.htm

Comment

Cheers fok
        Last edited by Fat Tony; 02-08-2012, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gooner14 View Post
          If your UK VAT registered, then they shouldn't even charge VAT. As an individual that would sound correct that the goods are in EU free circulation, so therefore no VAT is charged. So at today's rates we are looking at £396 all in.

Certainly interested, Perforated with no horride writing on the airbag!
          I'm not sure as I thought goods bought into this country attract VAT so it is added at source or entry I thought? Vat registration shouldn't make any difference since that's just a case of if you can claim it back or not?

Mine is smooth leather but agree the perforated looks very nice and given the option I'd go with that.
          Last edited by c_w; 02-08-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

When you export from the UK to an EU country, as long as you have an VAT number for that entity there is no VAT charged to the customer. You have to fill in an Intrastat formfor HMRC, I presume other EU countries have similar schemes

Have you posted this over on Zroadster, we might be able to get more than 5, and therefore a greater reduction?

Comment

I've spoken to somebody at HMRC, to get it from the horse's mouth (nice horse called Claire, lol) and she confirmed that the only VAT payable would be that applied in the country of the sale - so no UK VAT on import

Have you posted this over on Zroadster, we might be able to get more than 5, and therefore a greater reduction?
              I'm not a member on there. Feel free to spread the word though.

Comment

I've got an account over there, not really posted. Best coming from a known member over there I'd suggest.

Is the hub for single or 2 stage airbag?

Comment

I will post it up on Zroadster.org for you guys.
                  Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
                  ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

Is the hub for single or 2 stage airbag?
                    I was under the impression that the fitting kit was the same, but that the approach to fitting varied between the single or 2 stage airbag model Zs. However, if that's not the case, individuals would be able to specify their fitting kit when they place their order anyway.

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    I will post it up on Zroadster.org for you guys.
                    Thanks very much, Aceman I think the best way to move things forward is just to highlight this thread and ask interested parties to add their name to the list.

1) Fat Tony
                    2) Gooner14
                    3)
                    4)
                    5)

Comment

I believe from Jonttt's thread's in the past, there is an extra cable need for a dual stage airbag, that effects cards from some point in 1999. Jonttt would be best to comment on that. I believe he made his own

Comment

Received this from Carnewal after you asked which suggests the 2 options, with one of them carrying additional cost...

Translated by Carnewal:
                        -----
                        The Z3 has 2 versions of clock springs, also called coil springs :

Version 1: coil spring for BMW with 2-step generator
                        Module plug and module cable are fixed together to the coil spring
                        If the car has this coil spring, it will need to be replaced by coil spring
                        of picture 2.
                        BMW part nr 2229488 and costs 130 euro vat incl over here.
                        In addition the Z3 module cable 1220-1 is needed which costs 56 euro vat
                        incl.

Version 2:
                        Cars with M-technic steering wheels have already got the correct coil
                        spring. You only need module cable 1220-1

I think that Raid advises to replace the clock spring is to make the whole
                        installation more plug and play and without cutting.

Personally, I think that you can use the version1 clock spring.
                        The only issue, is that the Z3 has a 2 stage airbag whereas the Raid is a
                        single stage airbag.
                        A far cheaper solution would be to cut off the main airbag connector and
                        connect the 2 wires with a Raid airbag connector.
                        Then cut off the plug of the secondary stage airbag and connect the 2 wires
                        to a resistor.
                        This to avoid the airbag light to go on.
                        -----

My car in November 99 build so I think 2 stage airbag

Christ, just when I thought I knew what I needed! I should have gone for a replica ACS roofwing instead... much easier to understand what the hell I need there
                        Last edited by Fat Tony; 02-08-2012, 12:19 PM.

Comment

I wasn't aware of any difference in the "clock spring" / slip ring. I went searching through all this years ago when I fitted mine to a 99 2-stage car. All you need is the E36/Z3 hub adaptor and the steering wheel. The rest is DIY'd.

A pretty much perfect fit on the RAID airbag socket is an internal 2-pin connector from a PC those that look like jumper switches but have wires to them. This is what I used when I fitted mine years ago. I also have some spare 3.3ohm resistors if anybody wants one, this is to bridge your 2nd airbag circuit.

Make sure battery is disconnected whilst it's all done to avoid airbag light (and good practice/essential for it to be disconnected before removing an airbag anyway).
                          Last edited by c_w; 02-08-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

1) Fat Tony
                            2) Gooner14
                            3) Breezer. Phase 1, non-perforated, no writing!
                            4)
                            5)

If enough of us do this, we might end up making it a legitimate mod for the MC, in the same way that replacing the Chassis in an old Lotus Elan actually adds value, rather than reducing it... ;)
                            Last edited by breezer; 02-08-2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                              I wasn't aware of any difference in the "clock spring" / slip ring. I went searching through all this years ago when I fitted mine to a 99 2-stage car. All you need is the E36/Z3 hub adaptor and the steering wheel. The rest is DIY'd.
                              Cheers Chris. I may be asking to book my car in with you

Comment

Working...
                              X