LS1 V8 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1 V8 conversion

I'm selling my current Z3M LS1 V8 conversion engine and gearbox as a pullout. As part of an overall new lease of life for my MC, it's getting something else.

I've had a good few PM's over the years from members investigating their own conversions, so although it'll be offered in the usual LS* circles I thought I'd put it on here to see if anyone does actually want to take the plunge.

Built by Dyno-Torque who have done over 50 conversions, the spec is as follows:

LS1 5.7L alloy V8
    243 CNC ported heads
    LS2TR Cheeter cam - 215/230 .629/.592 117 lsa.
    Hardened pushrods & uprated valve springs
    LS6 intake manifold
    Ported LS6 throttle body
    K&N cone filter
    GM wiring loom
    GM ECU with Wortec map

Tremec T56 6 speed gearbox with B&M short shift

The standard engine and box are originally a pullout from a written off 18,000 mile UK Monaro and then they've done a further 7000 miles since being tuned and rebuilt for the conversion of my car in 2009.

Depending on the dyno, this set up makes around 450bhp and similar ft/lbs torque at the flywheel. It was built for a road car so it's got a nice spread of power with no shunting or lumpy running. With a more aggressive cam, the peak numbers would be better but I didn't want to sacrifice usability. The car could be driven with the current set up prior to any sale, it'll only be removed once my new motor is finished.

For any questions about a possible conversion of your own speak to Dyno-Torque on 0121 753 0415 they know the car and motor well.

£6000 Now Sold

Last edited by fok; 20-05-2017, 06:10 PM. Reason: Sold

Do you have any sound clips?!

Good luck with the sale!
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
      Do you have any sound clips?!
      No video or sound, sorry. I've only got a few pictures too......I've been pretty lazy really with that kind of stuff.

Comment

is there much modification to the car or have they used the original engine gearbox pick up points and custom mounts ?
        Previous: Silver s50 Mc
        Previous: Yellow s50 Mc
        -------------------------------------------
        Current: Estoril S50 Mc

Comment

It uses OEM engine mounts with converters to the LS* and a bespoke gearbox mount.

Comment

Now sold gents.....Nobody in the MC fraternity though. It's going in a 200SX.

Comment

Certainly a different project!!
              2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

I love the idea of an LS motor in the coupe. Having driven the latest Vette in the US, those engines are fantastic.

Whats replacing it ?
                Previous: Silver s50 Mc
                Previous: Yellow s50 Mc
                -------------------------------------------
                Current: Estoril S50 Mc

Comment

Originally posted by Adz S View Post
                  I love the idea of an LS motor in the coupe. Having driven the latest Vette in the US, those engines are fantastic.

Whats replacing it ?
                  I agree, the LS* family gives a great bang for your buck that's hard to believe from a simple single cam, pushrod engine. Size weight and complexity are kept to a minimum as a result of the design and there's a plethora of aftermarket parts, so for tuners and conversions it's a great platform.

The MC gets a totally different charisma with an LS with no negatives in my opinion, although I must admit I do love the S50/4 howl at high revs. Not that an LS sounds crap, it's just different and doesn't have that spine tingle.

I'm going for an LS3 with a stroker kit to just shy of 7.0L plus a few mild tuning goodies. I'm not chasing peak numbers, just more grunt everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                  X