Throttle Pedal Stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Pedal Stop

Just fitted a new throttle cable to my S50, as expected, some of the best money you can spend!

However, I've had to adjust the screw adjuster on the engine nearly out to get a true full throttle (or at least for the metal throttle stop on the trottle bodies to hit the bolt stop.

I think i need to give a little more travel at the throttle pedal end which means I won't have to screw the engine engine adjustment out so far, it's near the end of the adjustment and seems to introduce more flex.

So the plastic stop behind the actual pedal in the footwell looks to be adjustable.

My question is, I haven't pulled the carpet up etc, but presumably there is a lock nut to undo so that I can adjust it?

Is that under the carpet or the other side of the wheel arch liner?

Or maybe the pedal stop is just stiff...?

Interestingly my new cable isn't that much lighter than the old one, but it does allow proper WOT, the throttles are normally pretty stiff? I've checked the routing quite carefully, think it's all good.

I took some pictures when I replaced my throttle cable for reference,

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showt...t=11330&page=3

Cant recall if the pedal stop just turns to adjust but pretty sure carpet removal isn't necessary

Comment

accelerator pedal removed,

Comment

Working...
      X