Electric Window Playing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Window Playing up

My drivers side Electric window is playing up a little.

It works but I have to press the switch several times for it to continually go up bit by bit.

Also doesn't operate with the door open.

I see that in the past there have been invoices for it has being "sticky"

Is this something to do with the one touch close or the wiring in the door Jamb?

Common problem???

Thanks in Advance

Interested as mine has also been doing the same...
    ----------------
    David
    1999 M Coupe (S50)
    >>Read my journal here<<
    2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
    2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

Fairly common for these cars to suffer with slow window rise rate, and I ended up replacing the quarter light assembly (which forms the front of the sliding window guide) in my passenger door in order to get it sorted in the end. It now closes fully with a single press.

Prior to having that done I'd spray the runners with silicon spray which helped for a while, but the window would frequently just 'bog down' on closing requiring another press and hold of the button, so that might be worth a shout as an initial test to see if the issue is the window experiencing too much drag in the runners

Weird that yours doesn't close with the door open however, as I'd have expected that to drastically reduce the resistance from the runners, so I may be talking crap, ha
      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Z3s seem to have slow windows from just a couple of years old.

A light white grease in the channels helps a lot, but if you remove the door card and fit new guides (with plenty of grease) they work much better. The plastic guides are quite easy to change and you don't need to remove the glass, it's just certain positions the glass needs to be moved to to change each one (videos are on youtube I'm sure).
        Last edited by c_w; 17-03-2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

the sensor in the door latch can play up which stops the auto drop working on the window I believe

Comment

I put together a ‘how to’ on this when I had the roadster. Worth a try? https://www.zroadster.net/forum/view...p?f=18&t=11888
            1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Working...
            X