Rear anti roll bar mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coupe fan View Post
    Great pictures. Do you know how much the rollcage weighs?
    Thanks...

No I dont know..... its a CrMo cage so its not very heavy..

I would prefer a welded in cage but its easier to have the car road legal if you can remove the front section...
    ///Fredrik Larsson

Z3M Coupe-99
    M3-88
    523iM-00

Comment

Originally posted by Frixen Z3M View Post
      Thanks...

No I dont know..... its a CrMo cage so its not very heavy..

I would prefer a welded in cage but its easier to have the car road legal if you can remove the front section...
      Is that carbon fibre??
      Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Originally posted by coupe fan View Post
        Is that carbon fibre??
        No its steel...

But its stronger than normal steel so they can use less material but with same strenght...
        I think my rollcage is manufactured by Wiechers
        ///Fredrik Larsson

Z3M Coupe-99
        M3-88
        523iM-00

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
          Just for clarity that is not my car in that photo! This is a US roadster (2.5 or 2.8). I don't think anyone in the UK has seen this level of failure? Howeverit doesn't excuse the fact that the rear area isn't really strong enough, it's as though it has been calculated to be "just enough".

My car on quick visual check looks like there is nothing wrong, it's just the looseness of a couple of spot welds create a squeak/creak in the boot area when setting off. I've got no problems with my ARB mounts after 3.5years using H&R bars though (but the clamps don't look very heavy duty at all). I don't think tracking the car has any unfluence on it (obviously it could as it's driven hard, but I think applying power on a bumpy road gives the transmission and attachments a lot more work to do than on a smooth circuit).
          It's a 99 M Rdstr, fitted with a Dinan/Vortech supercharger since new; now at 132,000 miles.

It looks better now...

Before

After

Staying on topic, I've also done some work on the swaybar mounts for cars with bigger bars fitted.

Case in point:

RH side wasn't so good either:

Of course, I also reinforce the tabs on the trailing arms, but posting those pictures can wait for another day, it's late over here, and I'm getting a little bleary eyed... ;)
          Randy Forbes
          Sports Cars Plus, LLC
          Parrish, Florida, USA
          http://spcarsplus.com/piwigo/

Comment

Mine ARB mounts were fine but I've done like in that photo, seam welded around them. I triangulated the trailing arm mounts when I changed the roll bars in 06 when it became apparent that they flexed so easily when tightneing them up!!!

Comment

Working...
            X