Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations/thoughts on camber plates

Hi guys,

Looking at front camber plates and based upon what I’ve read online I’ve narrowed it down to these (good quality plus I can source them from UK suppliers):

http://www.venommotorsport.com/suspe...mounts/bmw-z3/

Rubbish photos so some better, more detailed here...

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...p?p=1067627190

Or

http://www.ca-int.co.uk/variants-Y2F...9MzE0OA==.html

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on which are best?

Cheers
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

I never realised these part were so expensive

Comment

Yeah, hence I was seeing if I could get a secondhand set
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

I'm after some of these too. I spoke to c_w about the benefits of swapping the stock ones left to right and he thinks it works ok but I like the idea of adjustable versions to set the car up just right.

I can't pretend I'd know what to do for the best, but a friend is a top chassis engineer at JLR and once my conversion #2 is complete he's going to help set my car up suspension wise.

What's your plan Ian?

Comment

I’m looking to cure the slightly sticking out wheel/tyre with about -2degrees, trim the arch liner and then hopefully drop the front a bit lower as well....never been quite happy with the front stance

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
            I’m looking to cure the slightly sticking out wheel/tyre with about -2degrees, trim the arch liner and then hopefully drop the front a bit lower as well....never been quite happy with the front stance
            Aahh, it's all about stance then. I'd have a warranty claim from whoever sold you the LMs

Comment

Originally posted by fok View Post
              Aahh, it's all about stance then. I'd have a warranty claim from whoever sold you the LMs
              It’s crossed my mind....!!

It’s the KWs that have done it, being forced to run a spacer

Comment

Good thing about swapping the top mounts left to right is it's quite cheap if you do it yourself! Fully adjustable will be best to set a car up but I've never really gone that far with my car.

I quite like the fact I'm using OE mounts in terms of NVH, but also don't run coilovers so can't really change to them anyway.

Comment

I've got swapped top mounts, its a cheap way of getting a few deg negative camber. I've probably driven a thousand miles on this set-up and not noticed any excessive tyre wear. I want to get camber plates though as this set-up with standard wheels (+15mm spacers) tucks the wheels in a bit too much.

I'll probably go the KW route as the shocks have proved to be good quality.

Comment

Working...
                  X