Rear Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Bumper

Hello all ,hope your all well and staying safe.
    I've been busy with my car as I'm respraying,stripped it down,prepped and
    painted am currently rebuilding,i've got an issue with the rear bumper, the gaps to the quarter panels are huge,i've fitted two new quarter panels, sills and front wings.
    The rear bumper was from a M Roadster because it was just a scuff n paint, mine was scratched and needed priming, my question is,am I missing a clip to pull the bumper up to an acceptable gap? Is the roadster bumper different side bracket wise, lower? I'd post pictures but I'm not great with computers, and mine is an Apple which I believe are worse.
    Thanks

Roadster bumper is the same but are normally fitted with some weights on the shock absorbers, there are small black plastic clips that are very fragile a bit like door card clips that locate the bumper,

picture when I removed mine (black clip locks into 8 shaped slot)

Comment

If you need to adjust the bumper up or down then you can do this with the adjuster on the shock absorber,

picture showing front but same on rear

Comment

clips

Comment

Bumper

Ah ok Dave thanks,I haven’t fitted those clips,better order some,I’ll fish for the part number,spent a fortune on fixings,needed side strake clips,well one actually,they sent Ten at £4 each,they wouldn’t have them back!!
          Need some inner Coupe kick plates too,mine have started lifting around the lettering,money pit!!
          Thanks for your reply and help. Appreciated 👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by damien View Post
            Ah ok Dave thanks,I haven’t fitted those clips,better order some,I’ll fish for the part number,spent a fortune on fixings,needed side strake clips,well one actually,they sent Ten at £4 each,they wouldn’t have them back!!
            Need some inner Coupe kick plates too,mine have started lifting around the lettering,money pit!!
            Thanks for your reply and help. Appreciated 👍🏻

part number for the black clips is 51128399166 and again come in packs of 10 at around £1.10 per clip.

Comment

Working...
            X