No announcement yet.

M Coupe crashed by dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So good to see you’ve got it all sorted!
    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Thanks Tony. Picking her up on Friday.

Comment

Picked the car up today and all is well.
        Got her booked in for ppf as there is a new bonnet and front bumber that needs protection.

Comment

Sorry to read this and glad it’s repaired.

I commented on the YouTube video and came on here to post it wondering if it was a forum member.

Did the dealer provide any goodwill of any kind as although cars are repairable / replaceable this is a one of a kind!

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
            Sorry to read this and glad it’s repaired.

I commented on the YouTube video and came on here to post it wondering if it was a forum member.

Did the dealer provide any goodwill of any kind as although cars are repairable / replaceable this is a one of a kind!
            Hi Rags, it’s my car, Heel’nToe is a friend who helped making the videos.
            The dealer provided inspection II free as well as other things that were probably not covered by the insurance claim. The car looks as new. Interior leather cleaned, engine bay detailed, wheels refurbished, new badges all round etc. I calculate at 17k worth work on the car.

Agree that we should cherish and look after these cars due to their unique history.

Comment

Pleased you got this whole business sorted out to your satisfaction. It could have been so much worse if you hadn’t been so persistent and went about getting the right advice and support.
              Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
              2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
              1986 M635
              1985 E28 M5
              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Thanks Pete. Indeed.

I did take legal advice. There is also a motor Ombudsman that you can approach.

BMW UK were absolutely useless, not willing to assist as it was deemed a matter between myself and the dealer. From the consumer point of view this is scandalous as the franchise dealers represent BMW.

To be fair, the dealer did return the car in good health, which is good.

After owning the car for so long it would have been heart breaking to not drive it again, silly though this may sound.

I suppose we are a unique bunch who like strange shaped drivers' cars :)

Comment

Working...
                X